What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Bought these two pre-viewed movies from Red Box today for just under $15.

Today's trip to the Xchange brought me these:

Less than $10.00 for the lot. The reason I picked up My Bloody Valentine isn't because I like this version (I don't) but it had the old 3D cardboard glasses, still in the wrappers, which I needed for my copy of Friday the 13th Part 3 in three dee.

Also nabbed my first Criterion Collection film. Been going to this place for years and it's the first time I've seen this one so I snatched it up:

Bought these pre-viewed movies from Red Box today for $25.49. Literally just as Sicario was coming out of the machine, a guy behind me was returning it. He said it’s not a very good movie & that the 1st one was much better. If I had talked to him 5 minutes before I would not have bought it since I vaguely remember reviews saying the same thing. Oh well.

“I was cured, all right!”

BOX with the following films:
Last Year at Marienbad (1961) - Alain Resnais
Les Dragueurs (1959) - Jean-Pierre Mocky
The Soft Skin (1964) - François Truffaut
La baie des anges (1963) - Jacques Demy
Paris Belongs to Us (1961) - Jacques Rivette

A Married Woman (1964) - Jean-Luc Godard
Sentimental Education (1962) - Gustave Flaubert
Elevator to the Gallows (1958) - Louis Malle
The Silence of the Sea (1949) - Jean-Pierre Melville
Celine and Julie Go Boating (1974) - Jacques Rivette

Taira Clan Saga (1955) - Kenji Mizoguchi
Sazen Tange and the Pot Worth a Million Ryo (1935) - Sadao Yamanaka
Satan's Sword: Great Buddha Pass (1960) - Kenji Misumi
Satan's Sword 2: The Dragon God (1960) - Kenji Misumi
Satan's Sword 3: The Final Chapter (1961) - Kazuo Mori
Brutal Story at End of the Tokugawa Shogunate (1964) - Tai Katô

I have been wanting Sin City on Blu Ray for awhile. Dogville, LA Confidential and Catch Me I liked but I'm seriously concerned about the re-watchability of Dogville. Not the most uplifting movie but interesting. Feast, eh, I needed more gore in my library. Basterds is ok and Skyfall I have never seen (never been a Bond fan) but for .99 on Blu Ray, what the hell, that's about half of the change in my cars ashtray.

Criterion Sale

Moonrise - blind buy because my Library refused to carry it
Valley of the Dolls - actually a bit of a mistake because I thought Beyond was a bonus film on the collection
MacBeth - Because I'm thinking of creating a classics shelf

Why?

Because those who know me, know I love folklore and fairytales..

The story was inspired by a myth from the ancient Chinese Taoist classic Zhuangzi.

Barnes & Noble had a sale - 50% off many Criterion movies. Could have bought more, but some were only Blu-Ray, which I don’t have. Only one I haven’t seen is Personal Shopper.

Barnes & Noble had a sale - 50% off many Criterion movies. Could have bought more, but some were only Blu-Ray, which I don’t have. Only one I haven’t seen is Personal Shopper.

Valley of the Dolls??? I thought I was the only fan of that. Have you seen it before?

Valley of the Dolls??? I thought I was the only fan of that. Have you seen it before?
I have seen it before. More of an amusing period piece for me. I saw it on the shelf: I bought it.