Does anybody want to host a pre-1930s Countdown?

Tools    

Mofo has had a tradition of alternating the countdowns between those based solely on a particular time-period and those that span the entire timespan of cinema but concentrate on a particular aspect (whether that be a genre or other type of aspect). As the last two countdowns were 1930s and horror respectively I firmly believe the next countdown should be the one that takes us from 1929 all the way back to the beginning of film to fully complete a cycle that was started before I even joined this site.

It's not a period I have that much exposure to myself so this thread is to give anyone perhaps better versed in the Silent Era or with better presentation skills than I (that would be most of yous as I have absolutely none ) the opportunity to host this countdown should they so wish.

It goes without saying that should nobody wish to take up the reins I shall endeavour to run it myself to the best of my ability.

Hopefully, whoever the host may be, there will be enough participation to make this a full Top 100 countdown, but even if participation levels are low and the ballots received are only enough for a Top 25 I feel it is important to finally finish a cycle that was started all those years ago. Hopefully others feel the same.

Welcome to the human race...
Nah, the period countdowns have been going back in time so the '30s one has to be followed by a pre-'30s countdown. A 2010s countdown (and maybe a redone 2000s countdown) would make sense in 2020 once, y'know, the actual 2010s are over.

You'd be a great host for the Pre 30s Countdown! Your enthusiastic about making the Pre 30s Countdown happen and that counts for a lot. And looking at your 2019 - A Theme for Every Month, I can see that it's set up a lot like a countdown: with organization, links, info, graphics a theme and of course your own unique style. You got what it takes

For the Directed by Women's Countdown there was no one willing to host for many months and it almost died on the vine. Iroquois saved the day for us by agreeing to take over as host. And some people weren't onboard with the countdown's topic, but there's never complete agreement... and the countdown turned out to be very rewarding.

The lessons learned is: we need a confirmed host from the get go. And no countdown idea will be agreed upon by everyone. But a host who believes in the countdown can make it happen!

I'm more interested in a war films top 100. In fact, if I had to pick one, that might be it.
The cool thing is if we stay to the established schedule of: decades, then genre, then decades again...After the Pre 30s is over we would then do a genre countdown (war or western, etc).

Then like Iroquois said it would be time again for,
A 2010s countdown (and maybe a redone 2000s countdown) would make sense in 2020 once, y'know, the actual 2010s are over.

What an excellent day for an exorcism
The silent era countdown would be interesting. I was into the silent era way back when I had a 16mm projector and I would check out silent films from the library and we would hold parties to feature a new silent film to friends. But I can't say my exploration into that era was in depth, it was more limited to exploring the high profile/well known silent films, The Gold Rush, Nosferatu, The General, Barrymore's Dr. Jekyll, Metropolis, etc.

I'm more interested in a war films top 100. In fact, if I had to pick one, that might be it.
The cool thing is if we stay to the established schedule of: decades, then genre, then decades again...After the Pre 30s is over we would then do a genre countdown (war or western, etc).

Then like Iroquois said it would be time again for,
A 2010s countdown (and maybe a redone 2000s countdown) would make sense in 2020 once, y'know, the actual 2010s are over.
I'm not saying the war one should come first, only that I'm not really fit for a silent-era hosting job.

The silent era countdown would be interesting. I was into the silent era way back when I had a 16mm projector and I would check out silent films from the library and we would hold parties to feature a new silent film to friends. But I can't say my exploration into that era was in depth, it was more limited to exploring the high profile/well known silent films, The Gold Rush, Nosferatu, The General, Barrymore's Dr. Jekyll, Metropolis, etc.
There'll probably be something like a four month lead-in period that gives people the opportunity to watch films from 1929 or before (if required) and prepare their ballot. Full ballots include 25 films but partial lists are also normally accepted and certainly if I do this one both short and feature films will be eligible.

I'm not saying the war one should come first, only that I'm not really fit for a silent-era hosting job.
It's kewl, it's looking like it'll probably end up being me that runs it ..... count me in for a War films countdown as and when it takes place.

Oh cool, got it. Yeah war films would make a good genre countdown. I hate war, but like war films

Oh cool, got it. Yeah war films would make a good genre countdown. I hate war, but like war films
Same here. One of my favorites is Platoon because it desribes everything I love about war films AND everything I hate about real war.

Looks like it'll most likely be me hosting, which is fine ..... but let there be no subsequent complaints of 'stepping on toes' or 'the host being too darn boring'. I'll leave it open for another 24 hours just in case anyway.