Song Tournament 31

Tools    

If y'all can have patience with me, I'll vote sometime tomorrow evening. Had some busy life stuff happen yesterday and a major project due tomorrow. If you need to move on or my votes won't change anything that's fine too.
Should be fine ...If it's easier for you, what I might do is let you know tomorrow which ties need to be broken (if any), and post another day's match-ups as we don't actually need the one day to be done before another day starts. Only rounds need to be completely done before we move on.

A system of cells interlinked
ROUND 1 - DAY 4
Wintersun - Snow & Sorrow vs Motorpsycho - Every Dream Home
(I like how the instrumentation of "Snow & Sorrow" evokes wintry imagery even before the lyrics kick in, but in the battle of 8+ minute songs, "Every Dream Home" did a better job of maintaining my interest with its multiple transitions.)
@Captain Spaulding

Funny story...I chose this WS track due to it's more accessible structure, as they often have tunes that feature a bunch of sections that usually don't repeat. A lot of their tunes are over 10 minutes, too, so I was restricted there. If you want to check out something with less repetition, check this song out. Fair warning - it's pretty long!

Let the night air cool you off
Pusha T - Santeria vs This Isn't Our Parade - Santigold

Wintersun - Snow & Sorrow vs Motorpsycho - Every Dream Home - play these songs on top of each other and it's also good

Come Pick Me Up - Ryan Adams vs Flatlinerz - Satanic Verses

Margo Price - Hands of Time vs Enigma - Sadeness

About Today - The National vs Kids See Ghosts - Freeee (Ghost Town, Pt. 2)

Round 1 Day 4
SURVIVORS

Pusha T - Santeria
Motorpsycho - Every Dream Home
Come Pick Me Up - Ryan Adams
Enigma - Sadeness
Kids See Ghosts - Freeee (Ghost Town, Pt. 2)

Round 1 - Day 5

Lights - Peace Sign vs The Kingston Trio - El Matador
(Quite the contrast in styles. Liked both. Giving "El Matador" the edge since it sounds like something from a 50's western. Got me wanting to strap on my six-shooter and saddle up.)

Steve Perry - No Erasin' vs The Smiths - There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
(Steve Perry has an amazing voice, even if there's something inherently cheesy about the way he sings. Whether this is a brand new song or not, though, it already sounds dated. Don't love The Smiths or this particular song, but it gets my vote pretty easily.)

Whitey Morgan - Bourbon N Blues vs Figures - Jessie Reyez
(Liked "Figures" more than I expected, and I might actually listen to a couple more songs from Reyez, but this is still no contest. Love Whitey Morgan. Listening to him is like listening to a reincarnated Waylon Jennings. I sprout new chest hair every time I listen to him. This isn't one of his better songs, imo, but it still perfectly captures that outlaw spirit.)

Crowbar - Planets Collide vs Megadeth - Holy Wars - The Punishment Due
(This is a heavy ass match-up. Feeling the tempo of "Planets Collide" a little more at the moment. Love those sludgy, dirty riffs and the singer's voice perfectly complements the grimy feel of the music.)

She is Beautiful - Andrew W.K. vs J.S. Ondara - American Dream
(Not a fan of Andrew W.K.'s frat-boy rock and I remain impressed with Ondara's voice.)

Round 1 Day 5

Love The Kingston Trio and really didn't like the vocals in the other song. Easy choice.

Steve Perry - No Erasin'vs The Smiths - There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
I wasn't overly fond of either of these songs, but I gotta give it to Perry's voice.

Sorry, but I hated Reyez's voice. Even if I didn't, I thought the other song was really great.

I really didn't like either of these. I'm gonna give it to Crowbar for torturing me for a shorter period of time.

No contest. I'm in love with Ondara's voice and don't love anything about Andrew W.K.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I see another early exit for all my choices.

Suspect's Reviews

Lights - Peace Sign vs The Kingston Trio - El Matador - Cute, sweet little Lights. I love me some Lights! Lights is an artist that some of my family members team up to take all the kids to see. Too many good memories to not pick her!

Steve Perry - No Erasin' vs The Smiths - There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - Not a huge fan of this Perry tune, but Morrissey rubs me the wrong way.

Whitey Morgan - Bourbon N Blues vs Figures - Jessie Reyez - Got me voting for another country song... Barely made it through the second one.

Crowbar - Planets Collide vs Megadeth - Holy Wars - The Punishment Due **** luck, I guess. If the Crowbar track was against any of the other songs in this round, I probably would have voted for it. Alas, Holy Wars is one of the best metal tracks of all time. Bask in its glory!

She is Beautiful - Andrew W.K. vs J.S. Ondara - American Dream - I'm a metal guy through and through, but I just couldn't get into the first track. Ondara is clearly an immense talent.

Let the night air cool you off
Lights - Peace Sign vs The Kingston Trio - El Matador - Easy choice, but Lights looks like somebody... but who? I can't tell if she looks like a person I know or a bunch of people I know.

Crowbar - Planets Collide vs Megadeth - Holy Wars - The Punishment Due - Crowbar vs Megadeth? This sounds like either a 1980's Puerto Rican tag team match where both teams bleed in the crowd for about 15 minutes or a 1990's WCW Thunder midcard match. Sorry for the oddly specific pro wrestling reference.
She is Beautiful - Andrew W.K. vs J.S. Ondara - American Dream - I find W.K.'s "frat-boy rock" to be kinda charming in a dumb way. I don't know why, but it feels "dumb guy sweet". Still doesn't get my vote, because this other track, I'm digging.

Round 1 Day 5

The first isn't my kind of thing.

I like some Journey songs, but am not a fan of Steve Perry's solo work. Decent Smiths song....

I have a bit of a tough time with country, and I've no idea how describe what kind of country appeals to me. The second reminded me of someone else. Can't put my finger on it though...

Ooooh tough one as I'm rather partial to Crowbar with their severely constipated vocals, but that's one of the really good Megadeth songs. Will come back to this as I'll have to listen to them back to back a couple of times to decide. *edit: it went to Crowbar

I like this J.S. Ondara fellow...

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Round 1 Day 5
SURVIVORS

The Kingston Trio - El Matador
The Smiths - There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
Whitey Morgan - Bourbon N Blues
Megadeth - Holy Wars - The Punishment Due
J.S. Ondara - American Dream

Conway Twitty - She Needs Someone to Hold Her (When She Cries) vs Jumper - Third Eye Blind

4:AM - Our Lady Peace vs Kite - True Colors

Beady Belle - Skin Deep vs Looking For The Magic - Dwight Twilley Band

Ghost - Dance Macabre vs Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand

Burn The Witch - Radiohead vs Ensiferum - Token of Time

Conway Twitty - She Needs Someone to Hold Her (When She Cries) vs Jumper - Third Eye Blind Not a fan of either. The second track was slightly less annoying.

4:AM - Our Lady Peace vs Kite - True Colors Vocal in the first track was rough stuff. Kite video is weird af, but the song is awesome.

Beady Belle - Skin Deep vs Looking For The Magic - Dwight Twilley Band Actually, I like the Beady Belle song...

Ghost - Dance Macabre vs Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand Cave wins this, but my vote goes to Ghost, just to mix it up a little.

Burn The Witch - Radiohead vs Ensiferum - Token of Time Throwing a vote at Ensiferum, even though they will get slaughtered by Radiohead...