The everything paranormal/unexplained/bizarre/mysterious thread

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I was spending time where my father was born. A small village up north.

Late in the day [around 7:30 pm - still plenty of day light for Summer] we were heading out to have some rustic meal in a nearby restaurant. I stayed outside with my father finishing up our cigarettes and talking some minor things when across the street [and not so high in the sky] we saw this rectangular shaped flying object crossing from behind the hill to the horizon.

It was all black with bright red stretched out rectangular lights on the center of the objects' body that moved forward with the object. Very big. Completely silent. If we weren't looking that direction we'd never know.
Other people saw it too and some gathered to talk about it.

The curious thing about it was the way it floated/moved/. You know those Air Hokey table games?

The object "slid" through the air like the disk in those table games do. Very softly.

WOW. I'm jealous. I want to see a UFO just so I can have an "I saw a UFO" story.

Was the experience scary? What did you feel? Anything strange happen afterwards? Weird dreams?

WOW. I'm jealous. I want to see a UFO just so I can have an "I saw a UFO" story.

Was the experience scary? What did you feel? Anything strange happen afterwards? Weird dreams?
It wasn't scary at all. Just odd.

Odd in the sense that you are accustomed to see and hear planes and helicopters flying above you, so there are things you are already expecting to come along with them [such as noise and reverberation when they approach and leave]. The oddity is that there were none of those things attached to it. It was simply there, moved and was gone. It took [I imagine] roughly 10 or 12 seconds to go the distance [which is not small].

No dreams or anything. Just puzzlement really.

Mind you, this was back in 2004.

No. It was perfectly rectangular, no wings, no tip. Flat above and flat below. Imagine a long black rectangle with 4 or 5 red thinner rectangular lights moving from left to right right in the middle of the shape.

Wait, I'll see if I can post a sketch

It sounds like a flying black block -- the kind from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I noted that's your favorite movie. When did that become your favorite movie? Before or after the UFO? Just curious if seeing this changed your life.

I did an April Fool's Day joke thread last year here claiming that Carrie Fisher died.

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher (1956-2016), the thread was called. Created April 1st, 2016.

She ended up dying for real on December 27th, 2016.

Paranormal City. Most people know of this (and are sick to death of it), but, some of you IMDB people might have missed it.

It sounds like a flying black block -- the kind from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I noted that's your favorite movie. When did that become your favorite movie? Before or after the UFO? Just curious if seeing this changed your life.
yeah I thought that too, except for the red lights. I watched it from very young. 4 or 5 yo.

I just realized you wrote rectangle and not triangle. Let me see if I can find some government aircraft that looks like that. It's usually a government aircraft.

I just realized you wrote rectangle and not triangle. Let me see if I can find some government aircraft that looks like that. It's usually a government aircraft.
I must say I'm even kind of suspicious of this, too, simply because Devil said it took 10-12 seconds to fly away. I dunno - if aliens from a far away planet paid a visit, why can't their spaceships fly faster?

This one is rectangular [so say the witnesses] but the lights are orange, and you can't really tell it's rectangular [crappy shot and all that]

If UFOs exist, why would they want to be seen? Don't give a sh*t?

If UFOs exist, why would they want to be seen? Don't give a sh*t?
HA! I wonder that my self. Maybe they just don't give a damn.

"oh they are seeing us... and they are trying to communicate. So cute... prepare the anal probes."

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything. That means A) it's top secret government work or B) Aliens.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything. That means A) it's top secret government work or B) Aliens.
well, it certainly isn't portuguese. That much I can vouch for.

well, it certainly isn't portuguese. That much I can vouch for.
There's only one government.

It's a very big universe. Maybe endless. Who knows? There could be aliens, there could be UFOs. I'm open minded. Not believing in anything is just a trend.