Happy Birthday Mack!

Tools    

Whoo Hoo! Very cool Mack! So... how did you like it? See any birds?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

(not the most flattering one, but the one everyone seems to feel "captured the moment")
I wouldn't be able to pose like that in that position, even if there was a guy on top of me.

I'd probably pass out from the shock and be unconscious.

... kinda like how I am when guys are on top of me.

Whoo Hoo! Very cool Mack! So... how did you like it? See any birds?
Pretty exhilirating (sp?), actually. Ok, it was awesome! No birds though, but I think that's because they're all gone South. I'd read that it was less like falling and more like floating or swimming through water - and indeed it was. I thought I would panic at the door, but there were like 20 of us packed into the plane, and though I was the first newbie to jump, quite a few people working on their their AFPs went before me. Ok, truth be told, they made me hold onto me harness and lock my knees between his so I really had no choice but to fall from the plane!

One chick jumped out at 8000 ft, and I was like ...REALLY? REALLY? but I think she was taking wind readings.

You remember how you were saying "know your jump location" and "make sure they are ok'd by the parachute association" and stuff? WHY when I first checked this place did I find articles saying they had the HIGHEST death rate of all drop zones in the States? So I went anyway....and lived to jump another day.

("The Dude" giving me my jump book and certificate of completion)

I'm am hooked, and would have went the next w/e if it hadnt been so cold. Alas, it will have to be next summer.

But Cait - why do I get the impression that your jump wasnt your first? I was telling one of my friends (who I forgot had been in the Air Force), and I was like "You HAVE to go!" and he gives me this smile and peels his jacket back to show he's wearing his old tags and says "Who do you think you're talking to?"

Gosh, I wish it were summer!

I wouldn't be able to pose like that in that position, even if there was a guy on top of me.
Well....it was definitely not the throes of passion.