MoFo Fantasy Football 2009: Week 6

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Don't get Chris started....

Meanwhile, this is THE fantasy league, because MoFo kicks so much ass, it only follows that a MoFo league would also kick much ass.

Still... would be fun though yeah?

Just in case people are really itching for another league I created one

league id # - 1061636
league - MoFo Breakfast Club
password - movieforums

I sent emails to everyone but Bobby & Jay since theirs arent public. IF theres enough interest I suggest just 1 thread for all the MoFo Breakfast Club needs for the season. That keeps this league the priority, and doesnt clutter the Site Stuff section of the forum.

Also I could care less about being Commisioner so if anyone wants it you got it. If not Ill do it.

The draft date is Fri Oct 23 2009 so if nobody wants in or theres not enough I think the league would be dissolved.

Edit in - How about we all play one particular team in the NFL. Dibbs on the Vikings!

It would be a 2nd league to whoever wants it. NOT to replace the current league. Sorry guys I weant trying to cause a ruckus or confusion.

Regarding the 2nd league lets pick a particular team for each person. We would each just have players from one franchise. I want the Vikings!

That way it would be different yet plug us into our fav team more. No question as to who 7th Son is gonna pick

You are an awful human being for picking the Vikings.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to participate in the second league, because I am currently in three leagues as it is, and it's kind of late in the season for this. But thanks for inviting me.

Yeah, I'm in 4 leagues myself. I think I'll pass too. I think this would be fun idea to kick around for next year though. Yoda and I already talked a bit about this before the season kicked off this year and I think it would be fun to do another league. Maybe one that is completely different, like TD only or something.

I remember PW talking about a separate keeper league, which is intriguing (though it would pretty much kill me, because every move is far more important in such a league).

Well it's Week 6 folks and that means....wait, hold on a sec, I need to turn the heat up, it's only 38 degrees and can you believe, it actually snowed the other day? Ya, S-N-O-W. In October. Not even funny. Anyway, back to Week 6....another work week is over and its time for FOOTBALL!!! Finally! Well some of this weekends match-ups are gonna be influenced by the weather, at least up here in the Northeast, so taking that into consideration, here are my Week 6 Picks:

Team Darcy vs. Slug's Sweeties -
Now heres a pickled match-up before it even starts! How does one win when facing the one person they're willing to sacrifice everything for to make them happy? For some its a lose/lose situation, for someone like me however, you do whats necessary and sleep in the spare bedroom for a few days while the other gets over the major azz kickin' they just received at the hands of your DOMINATING team, because being married is one thing but this is football people and you just don't roll over and give-up in football. Unless your the Raiders, but other than that, you never quit.
So who will be sleeping in the spare room at Darcy and Slug's house you ask? Well....

Team Darcy of course. Even if she doesn't win, she still wins. Thats the rule in my house at least...

TONGO vs. The Replicants -
Manning vs. McNabb. Benson vs. MJD. Mason vs. Rice. Great head-to-head match-ups going at it in this meeting of Fantasy Football addicts. Tongo, with his never ending “tango of trading” dance, has created another formidable roster to go up against the Replicants faltering squad and may actually pull-off an upset, if the planets align properly that is. Tongo's team is strong but has the harder defensive match-ups and McNabb is facing the Raiders, whom as I said previously are a bunch of quitting losers, so he should put up stellar numbers facing Oaklands nonexistant secondary. Manning however, is facing the Saints 2.0 version defense and won't be scoring at will like last week, so Tongo has to hope his Benson/Lewis RB combo can put up enough points to counter whatever Jones-Drew tallies working against the Rams “Wall of Wussies” defensive linemen. Tongo faces an uphill battle, but can pull off a win with a little luck and if the Reps big guns hit major stumbling blocks. Good luck, ya big furry ape!

Luck? LUCK? The Replicants don't need no stinking luck!

Gadsden Flag vs. I-L-M-F -
Even if the Fox fills those empty slots with LT and Brady Quinn, I don't think that'll be enough to beat Gadsden Flags team this week. Quinn isn't a starter and LT can't carry his team all by himself. He needs a miracle.

Gadsden Flag goes 3-3 on his way to the playoffs

Hired Goons vs. The Tateraters -
WOW!! Less than a point separates these two teams according to Yahoo's projections and this very well could be the toughest match of the week. Both QBs are facing very favorable match-ups and have potential for astronomical numbers. The Goons have a slight edge at the WR positions, with Jennings facing Detroit and Tateraters has the edge at RBs for the same reason. This is too tough to call. I'm flipping a coin. seriously. Goons get heads, Taters tails. * flip *......

Tails it is. Tater gets his first win...or does he??

Da Bears vs. Flash -
This doesn't look like a very good week for Flash. Trent Edwards facing the Jets is just about as bad as it gets for a head-to-head match-up. The Bills are just horrible on offense and the Jets defense is gonna be looking for major payback this week and the Bills are gonna get pounded. Edwards could put up negative numbers for the Flash. And the rest of the positional match-ups go in Bears favor, except maybe Defense, but that probably won't matter in the end anyway.

Da Bears win da game.

11 Angry Men vs. PW's Odd Squad -

Now whudda thunk that the Men could lose to Odd Squad with the #1 FFL QB Brees in the line-up, accompanied by 2 of his big guns in Pierre Thomas and Marques Colston starting in his other WR & RB slots? Well this week its very possible he falls from the top of the undefeated hilltop at the hands of PW's finely crafted Odd Squad. Tom Brady needs to step it up this weekend and show how the Patriots “F-22” Offense is supposed to handle, by throwing to Wes Welker for some major yardage and a possible TD or 2. Fitzgerald looks posed to make a difference for Arizona against the Seahawks and should collect a chunk of points at the expense of the Seattle secondary. Angry Men has the edge in the RB slots and I think the Defense match-ups are a wash, so it comes down to how the Saints fair against the Giants, and I think that will be a lower scoring affair that won't help the Mens chances of going 6 and 0. With most of PW's team facing games in the Northeast, the Men have to hope the cold and crappy weather effects Brady, Welker and Jones enough to squeak out a victory. I am personally hoping Brady blows-up and goes for 340-400 yards and 3 TDs with Welker getting 80-100 of those yards and 1 of those TDs. That being said...

The Odd Squad WINS! The Odd Squad WINS!! Can you believe it, the Odd Squad WINS!!

Beantown Champs vs. Wolverines -
In another close fight this weekend, we find the Champs facing the Wolverines, and both teams watching the Chicago/Atlanta game intensely, one hoping the Bears crush the Falcons and one hoping for the opposite. I think LTIZZY has the edge though, with better RBs on her team and I think the Jets Defense is gonna get a lot of points against the Bills, so she has that going for her too. If Cooley explodes on KC and somehow Washington overproduces against the Bills, I stand a chance, but its doubtful.

Wolverines go all beserker on the Champs

Well there you have it folks, my Week 6 predictions. Good Luck to Everyone!

Da Bears vs. Flash -
This doesn't look like a very good week for Flash. Trent Edwards facing the Jets is just about as bad as it gets for a head-to-head match-up. The Bills are just horrible on offense and the Jets defense is gonna be looking for major payback this week and the Bills are gonna get pounded. Edwards could put up negative numbers for the Flash. And the rest of the positional match-ups go in Bears favor, except maybe Defense, but that probably won't matter in the end anyway.
Edwards is gonna be on fire....

Yeah, but he did pretty good against the Dolphins last week.

64 yards and a touchdown ain't too shabby for Fantasy Football.

Interesting, about Brady and the weather. I hadn't thought of that. Looks like it could be rough; high of 45, up to an inch of rain, chance of rain 90%, and winds in the 20-30 MPH range. That's a tiny glimmer of hope.

Yeah Yods, the game is gonna be a wet one here in New England. You might just get lucky today because throwing in this weather is gonna suck, so I'd expect a ground battle and short yardage plays at Gillette Stadium this afternoon. That being said, I've decided to forgo my tickets for the game and watch it on the big screen at home. All warm and cozy...and dry...