2019 NBA Playoffs

Tools    

pretty dark on my boys the Mavs not even making the playoffs this time around. Going from a championship win to not even qualifying in a couple of seasons is pretty bad and we got a lot of work to do this summer...

That being said, gonna be real hard to beat the Heat, I see them and the Knicks going for the East final and Clips / Spurs in the West.

I think Denver or Indiana could be the sleepers in the group.

Pelicans with the top pick....trade Davis and pick up who to pair with Zion?

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
F' Nawlins. I hate the NBA. Charlotte pick lands in the NBA deadzone yet again, re-signs Walker to max deal (please no) and another 5 years of no hope. It kills me when you can only hope to hit 2 picks to build a team and we are gonna draft another outdated, tall white-guy.

Wait....Please do a sign and trade with Walker for a top pick. Please.

Did I say F' Nawlins? This fires up my conspiracy, EwingFrozenEnvelope senses. Either save a franchise nobody cares about where nobody wants to play or have a crown jewel to send to Seattle. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Charlotte pick lands in the NBA deadzone yet again
I get what your saying but Giannis was the 15th pick of the draft. Malcolm Brogdon, while no superstar, was a 2nd rounder who won rookie of the year. Then the Bucks get the 2nd overall pick, take a "can't miss, sure thing" who's supposed to take them to the next level in Jabari Parker and he's a total bust. Good GM's find guys. In places like Milwaukee you have to be a little creative as a GM because you aren't signing any big time free agents and for years guys would rather retire than play here. And don't forget the coach. The Bucks bench is different from last year but the starting 5 is the same and Kidd couldn't figure out how to use the talent.

I follow what you are saying, but Giannis happens once in a blue moon (and we could have picked him that year). I kinda agree/disagree with the good gm stuff. I think it's like drafting qb's in the NFL and it just takes some luck. Golden State landing an all-time great, all-time great shooter and a Draymond kinda takes the cards falling like a Westbrook/Durant/Harden.

Then again, Charlotte makes horrible front-office choices and Kupchak is probably just gonna be another Jordan puppet.

For as much as I love NC and Charlotte and it being the financial center of the south and right down the road from Atlanta, free agents don't come here unless they are overpaid. I just wish we would tank *cringe* and try to get better, instead of this middling fight for the 8th seed every year.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I always say you gotta get guys who can play defense. Future trades might come, logjams, but if one guy isn't playing defense, especially nowadays where the defenses switch on pick-and-rolls, you won't win a title. I've seen a lot of rookies who started as bad shooters become very good... Character and overall chemistry (and a lot of other non-statistical things) matter.

Welp... at least that second round was good
No kidding.. Last year, the 1st round might have been the best. I wish Raptors would have won Game 1, and wish that the Blazers would have won Game 2, just to make this interesting.

Draymond reminds me soooooooo much of Magic.

If you haven't heard the audio, look up "KD and CJ McCollum" podcast/interview.

I might check it out, but could you give me a hook, line and sinker so I will?

I might check it out, but could you give me a hook, line and sinker so I will?
I remember hearing clips. It was basically KD and CJ in the same room with KD giving him the little brother treatment. Somethin' like, "That's cute. You guys think you can beat us. Not in your lifetime "

Pretty sure Durant's compression leggings are just to cover up his tattoos.

There is no simple understanding for the difference between NBA and NFL deals. For the players, the NBA is great. For the league, the NFL is best.

You don't ever hear, nobody wants to play in Charlotte (well, maybe Buffalo) . The NBA at it's going rate is gonna be concentrated even more than it is in the major markets. This year will probably be the first time I don't go to a Hornets' game. Small market with a bad front office is death. Look at OKC. They drafted 3 of the top 20 players and all of them will be gone soon. I won't go to a Panthers' game because I can't justify a car payment for a ticket.

This player empowerment stuff is great, but the league has to be healthy first. Maybe I'm just getting old. Then again, the Hornets had 2 all-stars, the greatest 5foot3 player ever and the father of the best shooter in history when I was a kid.

The Clippers were already a good team, and now they add Kahwi and Paul George, who are the best perimeter defenders, along with their pg - Patrick Beverly. Montrez Harrell, Lou Williams, etc... Clippers should be the favorite, with the Lakers probably at #2.. I feel a little bad for Toronto, who treated him well, and helped him win a title. I'm glad the Knicks got no one. Their ownership is no good, and the younger guys don't know the cache this place used to have, especially with Brooklyn, who reminded me of an Eastern Conference version of the Clippers. I'm not a fan of Kyrie Irving at all. He seems more of a disrupter (on and off the court) and no Durant for a year, and probably won't be back to his usual self until he's about 32-33. Injuries really kill the game, but so are the numbers. You shouldn't need to be a box-score fan - just watch the game. Most of basketball isn't on a stat sheet. The endless 3-pt shooting is boring, just like the endless replays, play reviews, as if EVERY foul might be a flagrant. Detroit played Croatia yesterday, and the refs used international rules, and let them play physically, and the game was more interesting, even since most guys aren't signed to an NBA team and many who never will be and auditioning for the G-League, or playing overseas.

Let the night air cool you off
I'm all for guys getting paid, but all of this bouncing around by top guys makes the league hard to care about. Rivalries come down to player vs player instead of team vs team. That's way less fun than team based rivalries. When Russell Westbrook gets traded, it'll be an end of an era for me, and I don't know if I'll care about the NBA for a long, long time.

I can't remember the last time Indiana (my home town team) had two top 10 players at the same time like so many of these markets have had recently. Definitely frustrating.

I can't wait to see the NBA in 10 years. Young fans push and build sports leagues. It doesn't really matter what the older fans think, because they really aren't relevant short of buying season tickets. If the new blood likes the league of 3's and player pinball that's great. I had Jordan, my Hornets, Shaq, Larry Legend, Magic, The Dream, Shawn MF'ING Kemp and lots more. I don't know if it is me, age, life, whatever, but I would rather follow the stuff now than watch a game.

The game has to change, lest it turns into baseball.