Note: some forum maintenance happening today

Tools    

Updating various counters, so you might see post counts changes slightly. Rebuilding the search index, as well. Might be a tiny bit slower for awhile (but probably not). And search might be funky for an hour or two.

Speed seems fine, but the search rebuild is maybe 10% of the way done after an hour, so this might be awhile. Might even have to stop and restart tomorrow so it can run all day, we'll see. Apologies for any search weirdness or slowness for the time being (though the former is a lot more likely than the latter). As a search backup, you can use Google and add "site:movieforums.com" to restrict the search to just this domain.

What an excellent day for an exorcism
I was too lazy to create a whole new thread for just this one question, so I will plop it here.

Do you have a link graphic/banner for your site for members to add to their site you prefer they use?

Oh, for linking? Thanks for considering, if so!

I do not have one ready, mostly because such things are pretty rare these days (I remember they were such a huge deal back in the day, though). I could probably whip up something half-decent if you'd like. Or the super lazy version for both of us is just a cropped SS of the header.

Weird is relative.
Well, don't get too excited, my site is in the abyss of the internet. Minuscule traffic.
Perhaps that could be due to the design where you have the black background with white font? It looks like an interesting site, but my eyes aren't good enough to read it with those colors.

Perhaps that could be due to the design where you have the black background with white font? It looks like an interesting site, but my eyes aren't good enough to read it with those colors.
That's just one of many fixes it needs, but this amateur hobby site has been up for over a decade now and it had it's heyday back around 2007 to 2010 when it had decent traffic. But I rarely update it anymore and each time domain renewal comes around, I tussle with just letting it expire. I've had my fun with it.

Well, don't get too excited, my site is in the abyss of the internet. Minuscule traffic.
That's just one of many fixes it needs, but this amateur hobby site has been up for over a decade now and it had it's heyday back around 2007 to 2010 when it had decent traffic. But I rarely update it anymore and each time domain renewal comes around, I tussle with just letting it expire. I've had my fun with it.
I checked out your site some weeks ago, I thought it was amazing in the amount of sci fi movies and info you had packed in there, I even bookmarked it.

It'd be sad to let it expire. You know if you added a discussion forum for sci fi films and then promoted it with a Facebook and Twitter account you'd end up with a lot of people viewing it. There's also ways to help index the URL so that search engines place it higher in relevancy in search results.

Thank you, Citizen. I know all the bells and whistles to trigger for higher traffic, but the interest is no longer there. Talking myself out of letting the domain expire is the most I can muster. Mainly because renewal is so cheap and once in a great while, I get in the mood to do a little project to add to the site.