My name is Wes, and I'm a slasher movie fanatic.

Tools    

Hey.

Wanted to introduce myself and also ask a question. I was wondering if there's a slasher club thread on this site. And if there isn't, where would be the best place to put one?

I find it hard to comment about movies that aren't slashers.

Thanks

Not sure about a club, exactly. But we did have a Slasher Hall of Fame thread, and we have Wes Craven and John Carpenter clubs.

Type "slasher" in the search box in the header (comes up when you hit the magnifying glass on the left) and you'll find lots of others. That said, feel free to start a catch-all thread to talk about general slasher stuff if you want.

Also, welcome to Movie Forums.

You ready? You look ready.
Welcome! I like the avatar.

And dare I say it but slash away!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Type "slasher" in the search box in the header (comes up when you hit the magnifying glass on the left) and you'll find lots of others. That said, feel free to start a catch-all thread to talk about general slasher stuff if you want.

Also, welcome to Movie Forums.
Very nice. I'll check those out.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.

Welcome! I like the avatar.

And dare I say it but slash away!
Haha. Thanks, buddy.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Wes Karpenter, We're in the middle of the reveal of a Top 100 Horror Movies Countdown. There are some slasher movies on that list, so you might be interested in reading through that thread, and you're always welcome to add your thoughts to it as well.

I'm one of the few people here who doesn't like slasher (or horror) movies, but most people here seem to agree with you, so you've come to the right place.

I'm one of the few people here who doesn't like slasher (or horror) movies, but most people here seem to agree with you, so you've come to the right place.
Thanks, man. I'll check it out. I love seeing how people rank movies.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks, man. I'll check it out. I love seeing how people rank movies.

I think you'll enjoy reading through the countdown thread and reading people's comments. The countdown was done by each member sending in their own list of their top 25 horror movies to the host, and then the host compiled all lists together to create the MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies.

When the countdown is done, most people post their individual lists, so stick around afterwards to see where other members ranked some of your favorite movies.

Hello and welcome!

Looks like nobody remembered Nostromo87's Slash Vault That's the slasher/giallo club. There's a LOT of work and info in that thread.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Good eeeeeeeeeeeve'ning.

Welcome aboard! The ship is sinking, life rafts have all been destroyed and cut loose, crew is dead, and there's 5 of us running around the deck at night, in the rain. My best bud is wrapped up in a tension line while the other half of him is sliding back and forth over there along the railing with each crash of another 20' wave. You probably can't see him because the engine room has flooded so there's no lighting except the random streak of lightning above which, btw, has already taken out the string quintet still smoldering on the upper deck. I wouldn't go up there though as the smell is something fierce. And the zombie fish people. Yeah, there's zombie fish people. I said you probably can't see my bud (well the half that's not tangled up at least) but you definitely can hear him if you listen! *ssssssslllssssshPLIP* yeah. That's Steve!

Aaaaaanyhoo! I hope you stick around and thanks for joining! Here's some floaties, just to be safe.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Let the night air cool you off
Hello and welcome!

Looks like nobody remembered Nostromo87's Slash Vault That's the slasher/giallo club. There's a LOT of work and info in that thread.
This is one of the best threads on the forum, so I'll second this recommendation. You should definitely check this thread out. Chat with cat and nostromo, and others too, but those two are bout it bout it when it comes to slashers.