If You had a Groundhog Day? Hypothetical

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
How long would you want it to last?

Assuming it is your day off, it is a nice day weather wise, you have nothing planned. Just a blank page of a day.

Think of the possibilities for self improvement, learn several languages, read a library worth of books, learn new skills or master a musical instrument like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Get so good at Golf you could crush the Pros.

All the basic rules of Groundhog day apply, if you die, no matter you wake up in bed as usual the next day, skills learnt will be remembered, you cannot change your physical appearance etc. You wake up in the same state every day no matter what.

So how long would you want?

-Wouldn't do it
-6 months
-1 year
-5 years
-100 years

Interesting question about time... according to some movie anoraks and book anoraks, they believe Groundhog Day actually lasted thousands, maybe tens of thousands of years for Bill Murray's character but was cut down obviously for storytelling purposes.

I'd like it to last about 100 years if I could... I'd probably play pool for most of the time then shock everyone when the 100 years was up, because to them I'd have suddenly become awesome.

Musical instruments? Nah... I'd probably study history and science and find the secrets to the universe.

I like how my first thought was an eternity of playing pool and bettering my knowledge of history and science. Yoda's first thought was an eternity of reading and bettering himself as well...

... Sexy's first thought was an eternity of murdering people and criminal behaviour.

I'd probably learn how to speak normally and box. It sounds like a defeat the purpose

As a Gay Men, do you reckon his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal is hot?

I'm sure they're XXX rated videos like that, though not with Jake, unless he 2 sides of him. Like a Scorpio

I thought Pisces were similar to Scorpio's?

How did a Hypothetical thread about a fantasy time travel movie turn into a conversation about bumming Jake Gyllenehaleyylenahaaaal?

Rodent, are you a control freak?

My whole life, I was the one blamed...

Lol! Well, ok, it's what you'd do if you had a groundhog Day... you'd groom Jake.

I want to add more to my pool and history/science thing. I'd learn every Spongebob episode, word for word.

Honestly, I'd try to pick up Women. That's an honest answer.

No, hit on them to screw.

Powderfinger, I said I'd take a Concorde down to Australia. Just hold still.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I don't mean to sound so filthy on this family friendly forum, but... my feeling is that a Groundhog's Day world would be a chaotic hell for everybody who experiences it. And that a large percentage of people would probably do criminal acts. THERE WOULD BE NO LAW. There would be law, but you could ignore it, 'cause even if you get arrested or something, you're free the very next day. It is nothing but a dream world. It's a dream world that you can control more than a dream world.
I reckon I would flirt with crime a bit. Perhaps rob a Bank or 2.

Powderfinger, I said I'd take a Concorde down to Australia. Just hold still.
The Concorde is no longer in service and also, it never went to Australia. Fly Qantas like in Rain Man

The Concorde is no longer in service and also, it never went to Australia. Fly Qantas like in Rain Man
There's no longer any Concorde? Well, something that flies fast, then.