The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Ah, I see.
What city dis is?
Clearly says Vinton in the photos.

You sound awfully interested in my location?
LOL. Don’t think he’s coming to Vinton to track you down.

You ready? You look ready.
I’d be tough to find, and I want to move further away from town.

About 20 minutes away starts getting into no man’s land and an hour away puts you in the navel of America: George Washington & Jefferson National Forest.

I love where I live, and I will die here. Outside the short time we spent in northern Virginia (I barely remember it I was so young) I have lived here my whole live. Whenever I leave the only thing I can think about is getting home. I’m more at piece in the sticks.

About 20 minutes away starts getting into no man’s land and an hour away puts you in the navel of America: George Washington & Jefferson National Forest.

I love where I live, and I will die here. Outside the short time we spent in northern Virginia (I barely remember it I was so young) I have lived here my whole live. Whenever I leave the only thing I can think about is getting home. I’m more at piece in the sticks.
Was the town named for Bobby Vinton?

Glad he's singing the newest hits and none of that old stuff!

To my eyes at least, “downtown” seems very small in Vinton. Do you know everyone in town?

To my eyes at least, “downtown” seems very small in Vinton. Do you know everyone in town?
Yeah, it’s pretty small, but not that small. The closest city has 100k population, and the town is 8k population. However, I actually live further out in the county, which is also 100k, but our density is about 400 people/sq mi. And if you drive about 30 minutes down the road then you’re in 80 people/sq mi territory.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Well, there's a Vinton, LA which I pass when driving from Lake Charles, LA to Beaumont, TX. But those trees don't look like S. Louisiana trees....
are you from around Lake Charles? I had a friend who lived in DeRidder. His grandfather lived in Lake Charles.. . Last name is Bauer.

are you from around Lake Charles? I had a friend who lived in DeRidder. His grandfather lived in Lake Charles.. . Last name is Bauer.
No, MG, I live near Gulfport, Miss., on the Dixie Riviera. I drive over to Houston once in awhile. That's why I know of Vinton, LA. Usually stop there for gas and coffee. Never been to DeRidder, but I've seen the signs...

John is probably from Vinton, VA, near Roanoke.

Do you live in the South?

~Doc

No, MG, I live near Gulfport, Miss., on the Dixie Riviera. I drive over to Houston once in awhile. That's why I know of Vinton, LA. Usually stop there for gas and coffee. Never been to DeRidder, but I've seen the signs...

John is probably from Vinton, VA, near Roanoke.

Do you live in the South?

~Doc
Nope, I'm a Midwestern girl... home of the 2019/2020 Super Bowl Champions..

and yes the stadium is on the Missouri side, not the Kansas side.

Nope, I'm a Midwestern girl... home of the 2019/2020 Super Bowl Champions..

and yes the stadium is on the Missouri side, not the Kansas side.
You must be on the Missouri side then... And congrats on yall's win.

I've heard K.C. is a great town, but it's one of the few big U.S. cities I've never spent any time in. Drove through one time traveling from N. Calif. to Pittsburgh.