Iran vs Israel

Tools    

I wrote this point out earlier but it was removed for being "off topic."
You wrote it as a response to someone suggesting that who fired first didn't matter. That was removed, so it didn't make sense to leave your defense in place while removing the thing it was defending against.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This has been coming since forever and a day due to lying politicians so why anyone seems surprised or wants to focus on who started Sabre rattling first is mind boggling. How far back do peope want to go with the finger pointing. Innocent adults and CHILDREN get caught up in all of this but oh no, we can't have them in our countries. It's horrifying! And no amount of finger pointing will make it go away. I still can't get the image of little kids getting sprayed down out of my head. How on earth did they deserve any of this, regardless of what their ethnicity is. It's true devastation. All ego driven from the top down.

those who are against israel should remember that it has it's back to the wall , or the sea rather . it's total territory is hardly larger than my city mumbai/bombay and it's suburbs put together . so it's reaction to any hostilty to it's existence has to be necessarily an exaggerated response , otherwise it's enemies would push every israeli into the sea within no time . israel does not have the luxury to have the measured policies of countries with vast territories . any hint of softness and it would be gone in no time .

Tensions rising, luckily Iran seems to be stepping down from further escalation. At this point Israel would obliterate Iran if they keep pulling sh*t. Hopefully in the near future Israel can align closer with Saudi to ensure middle eastern soveirgnty. I've had 2 Saudi roomates, and while they don't love Israel, they HATE persians. Enemy of my enemy is my friend

Don't **** with Bibi
15/19---remember this number . 15 of the 19 perpetrators of 9/11 were saudis . so they are hardly friends of the USA or the west .

That’s a more fair point we could discuss- my post was in response to the idea of this conflict being over a 7 year old (or anyone) throwing rocks. THis is a dual Sided military conflict. To be completely honest I don’t care if Israel striked first, and countries striking US is an unfair comparison as the US never stated we wanted to wipe a country off the face of the earth. Israel is fighting a tyrannical government who funds the most anti-Semitic political group (Hezbollah) since the Nazis. These groups threaten Israel’s existence on a daily basis. And it’s not about country it’s about race. When Abbas recently stated that Jews deserved the holocaust it’s clear this has gone beyond a geo political conflict long ago. So no, I don’t care if Israel finds it necessary to pre emptively strike one of these anti-Semitic sh*t hole, dictator funding, sharia law Islam fundamentalist countries
That fact that this post got 3 rep points really tells me all I need to know. You don't even care who's doing what. You just like seeing bombs go off. Cuz you know... they deserve it. And only we get to decide who deserves it. Right?

That fact that this post got 3 rep points really tells me all I need to know. You don't even care who's doing what. You just like seeing bombs go off. Cuz you know... they deserve it. And only we get to decide who deserves it. Right?
No I care who’s doing what! I care whether it’s a western civilized democracy or a terrorist run fundamentalist dictatorship setting off bombs. I prefer the prior to be the one winning, I really do!

15/19---remember this number . 15 of the 19 perpetrators of 9/11 were saudis . so they are hardly friends of the USA or the west .

Saudi is FAR from perfect, but they have come a long ways from 15 years ago. Unlike Egypt or Iran they’re moving forward not backwards

I’d be happy to actually debate who’s right and wrong in this @Powdered Water

I would ask just one question though: Do you believe Israel has a right to exist as a soviergn nation?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm one of the three that repped Donnie if I recall correctly so I take umbrage to that comment, PW.

I’d be happy to actually debate who’s right and wrong in this @Powdered Water

I would ask just one question though: Do you believe Israel has a right to exist as a soviergn nation?
Not sure who you think I am, but why wouldn't I? Now a question for you.

Isn't it interesting that Iran gets attacked not long after they drop the dollar? And do you ever watch anything other than mainstream news? I feel like we're not going to get very far if you're going to keep regurgitating this war mongering crap that we see on TV. Can you watch this video and then try to convince me that Israel is different somehow than all these other menacing and terrifying other countries you've mentioned? Or are gonna tell me this is fake news?

try to convince me that Israel is different somehow than all these other menacing and terrifying other countries you've mentioned?
israel is the only country with a liberal constitution in that region .

Okay, so that makes it okay for them to just shoot people?
the liberal constitution at least makes it different from other countries in the region .

and remember what i wrote earlier in this thread---

those who are against israel should remember that it has it's back to the wall , or the sea rather . it's total territory is hardly larger than my city mumbai/bombay and it's suburbs put together . so it's reaction to any hostilty to it's existence has to be necessarily an exaggerated response , otherwise it's enemies would push every israeli into the sea within no time . israel does not have the luxury to have the measured policies of countries with vast territories . any hint of softness and it would be gone in no time .

the liberal constitution at least makes it different from other countries in the region .

and remember what i wrote earlier in this thread---
Well, I guess I completely disagree with you. Now they are murdering people. Aren't they falling into the same trap that was perpetrated on them years ago? And you took my question out of context so you didn't really answer me. I could say that in Israel they have more yellow shirts than in Palestine and that would be a difference too. I guess Donnie didn't like my first Jimmy Dore video. How about this one...

NY Times Jaw Dropping Biased Reporting On Israel

I don't advocate them opening fire, but we have to look at some facts:

Israel anticipated the violence (they know many of their neighbors have sworn their destruction).

So Israel gave out warning to the Palestinians in advance of the U.S. embassy being moved, expressing that they would defend their border and that lives would be put in jeopardy if people decided to become violent. As usual the violence by the "protesters" arose and Israel first tried to dissipate the violent hordes with tear gas, but when the attackers began throwing Molotov cocktails and charging the border en masse and bearing arms, Israeli forces opened fire (as they warned might happen) to protect their border and their people.

Lets just imagine for a moment what might have happened to innocent people in Israel (Muslims, Jews, Christians and others) had thousands of rioting Palestinians armed with axes, knives, guns, and incendiary devices were just allowed to enter when they were determined to destroy anyone in their path?

Here's the thing: Israel gave warning, yet Hamas, using loud speakers, urged their brainwashed zealots into a suicide attack (once again, showing the value the radical Hamas terrorist organization puts on the lives of the people it claims to represent - just as they took millions in humanitarian aid that Israel gave them for medical supplies, shelter and food for the poor which Hamas used to build tunnels so that their terrorists could invade Israeli homes and slaughter families).

Not sure who you think I am, but why wouldn't I?
I want to understand whether you're naive in understanding why Israel, as a small territory surrounded by enemies, must be resilient against threats to it's sovereignty or if you just don't want them too so they fail. Based on the propaganda videos you've been posting, I believe you and think you're just ignorant as to whats at stake for Israel if they put their guard down

Isn't it interesting that Iran gets attacked not long after they drop the dollar?
Not really

And do you ever watch anything other than mainstream news? I feel like we're not going to get very far if you're going to keep regurgitating this war mongering crap that we see on TV.
Most my news come from BI, NYT, Fortune, The Economist, or BBC. I hardly watch network news any more, maybe two hours of MSNBC or CNN a week. Sometimes I read Russian news, RT or Doschdt. Likewise I listen to Michael Savage, but don't take him anymore seriously than I take Russian news.

Can you watch this video and then try to convince me that Israel is different somehow than all these other menacing and terrifying other countries you've mentioned? Or are gonna tell me this is fake news?

I'm not watching the full video, off the title and first minute it's clear how biased it is. Find me a good neutral article that doesn't believe the US and Israel are fundamentally evil and I'll read it. I'll tell you one difference: Israel is killing to protect its border, Hamas is shouting ove rloud speakers for more of their own to go and run into live fire and gas to storm the border.

How do you think gays are treated in Israel? Tel Aviv is the most gay friendly city in the world

On the contrary do you believe you can be openly gay in Gaza or Iran? There's a fundamental difference for you PW

If 40,000 Mexicans were protesting at the border and thousands starting charging the border while rocks were being thrown and fire kites being flown, there’d be plenty of blood shed here too. It gives Israel a right to protect its borders.

As usual the violence by the "protesters" arose and Israel first tried to dissipate the violent hordes with tear gas, but when the attackers began throwing Molotov cocktails and charging the border en masse and bearing arms, Israeli forces opened fire (as they warned might happen) to protect their border and their people.
Their "border"?

Israel's territory has grown far beyond the original 1947 United Nations partition:

By the way, in 2013, out of 169 UN countries who voted for Israel to return to it's planned 1947 borders only Israel, US and Canada plus 3 small island nations voted no.

One of the main reasons why there is still no peace in the area is because Israel refuses to recognize Palestinian lands and continues to advance it's occupation over lands the United Nations set for Palestine.

In my opinion the US's diplomacy should act tougher and put Israel in it's place and force an agreement between the two parties. Perhaps the main reason why the US looks to the other side when Israel occupies foreign lands is because the US is home of most Jews that live outside of Israel.

Wow. Just wow. Talking about defending yourselves with bullets againt people with rocks and kites. Just wow.
Okay, so what should they have done?
Should they have just stood by and let them in to start murdering people in the streets?

If your job was to secure your border and defend your homeland along with the innocent citizens it was your job to protect and your own family, and you were given a weapon to do so, and an army of violent hostiles were tearing down the gates, swearing to destroy you, your children and wipe you, your friends and your family off the map, what would you do?

Should border cops or military just say, "Hey, c'mon in! I'll just stand here and let you start murdering people - there's a preschool a couple miles down on the left if you feel like killing some toddlers in the name of your god today and a hospital with lots of people who can't run away that you can set on fire! I'll just watch until one of you slits my throat! Thanks for your cooperation!"