White Supremacist rams Car through Counter Protestors, Killing 1

Tools    

Sure you've all heard the news already but thought a reactionary theead would be interesting.

For those who blame the attack on trumps rhetoric would you say the same for the GOP baseball shooter and his inspiration bernie? Would the same be said for the dallas cop killer and Obamas rhetoric? Personally i think the rhetoric has gotten to far on both sides, and people will continue lashing out with extreme political violence

Except in the most extreme and direct of circumstances, I blame the people who turn rhetoric into action.

The silver lining in things like this is seeing people across the political spectrum condemn it. The things we still agree on are ultimately more important than the things we don't. As long as that remains true, I'll remain optimistic. At least in the long run.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think it's just the state of the world at the moment, not Trump. ynwtf made a comment about underlying rage in the news thread about it. Pretty horrendous act from any perspective IMO. There's just this constant boiling undercurrent these days.

This was escalated to the national level by the criminal in the car.
If not for that one guy and his act of vehicular violence, a couple weekend protests and counter protests with a few fist fights breaking out, would have been all but forgotten by now.
The story (which now is pretty much not even being covered) would be the police copter going down and the two officers killed in the crash.

I was wondering why I had seen very little coverage of the chopper accident. Tragic.

Is this the comment you mean, DD? The guy is a lunatic.Who the hell is he to claim 'we' are fulfilling Trump's promise - it's not his place to enforce a campaign speech. Nutbag. Very strange looking fellow, too. Hateful little man.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...lling-promises

Is this the comment you mean, DD? The guy is a lunatic.Who the hell is he to claim 'we' are fulfilling Trump's promise - it's not his place to enforce a campaign speech. Nutbag. Very strange looking fellow, too. Hateful little man.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...lling-promises
That is the guy that Trump has been very chummy with and refuses to strongly distance himself from. On the other hand, both Sanders and Obama have always been very swift in their condemnation of nutbags like that.

This was Sanders's response to the shooting of a Rep. Scalise btw:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7790131.html

You have to be deaf, dumb or both to actually read or listen to the speeches of both Obama and Trump and say they both have the equal amount of hate rhetoric in their speeches. That is a blatant example of false equivalence if there ever was one.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don't think it is fair to blame trump and his rhetoric for a kid crashing his car into a protest march. Blind hate existed way before he came onto the scene.

But I do find a disturbing ignorance in his campaign rhetoric fanning a flame for political purposes. While it may have been off the cuff and just a passing moment to score a point or two, I do believe those that took the rhetoric to heart found it to be affirmation of their now perceived shared beliefs.

There is a certain awareness most politicians have---a social diplomacy---that tells us where that line is, and when to back off from it when too close for fear of just such reactions. Trump seems oblivious of this self-awareness.

Perhaps his parents are to blame for it all?

This is f*cking pathetic. We are in 2017 godd*mit. This is why the world is all f*cked-up right now because of morons like this

This is f*cking pathetic. We are in 2017 godd*mit. This is why the world is all f*cked-up right now because of morons like this
Gets pretty depressing at times but I try to hang on to the same sentiments as Yoda expressed. Gets very difficult at times, especially seeing the hateful sht on the net.

Gets pretty depressing at times but I try to hang on to the same sentiments as Yoda expressed. Gets very difficult at times, especially seeing the hateful sht on the net.
100% agree. This is awful

This is why American History X will always be relevant. Racial hate is just retarded
Could not agree more. Humanvbeings can be pretty screwed up but I think most just want to get on with life family and community. Hateful people are just very vocal and I truly think it seems much worse these days because social media emphasises it. So does the media.

Those poor cops in the chopper though. Any commentary on how that happened? I read they hit power lines.

This is why American History X will always be relevant. Racial hate is just retarded
Could not agree more. Humanvbeings can be pretty screwed up but I think most just want to get on with life family and community. Hateful people are just very vocal and I truly think it seems much worse these days because social media emphasises it. So does the media.

Those poor cops in the chopper though. Any commentary on how that happened? I read they hit power lines.
This.

You've said it all

I can get very down when these waves hit, Derek. I just have to keep reminding myself it's just a minority everywhere in the world causing this crap. It's like a pimple on the planet. Got to focus on the good rather than get sucked into the anger, mate.

I really want that bastard jogger in London caught though. What a demented weekend.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
To add to my earlier post, I'm not sure I've heard Obama's rhetoric condone violence. Maybe I've missed something?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...story,amp.html

It's not the article so much as the actual quotes in the article that hold my attention. Is he condoning? Is this responsibility? Is there accountability? Did Obama cross that line? Is it fair to broad-stroke blame 50/50 to skirt responsibility? "He did it so it's ok that I do too!" Said every red-handed little brother ever.

I dunno man. Humanity can really suck when we can comfortably justify hatred ...because of reasons.

It's Trump's fault by proxy.

The President sets the moral tone in America and Trump is selling hate. He hates the media, he hates this, he hates that....He hates, hates, hates...and all that hate filters down the line and he causes a shift in American society, even if it's a small shift, towards a meaner and unkinder America.

Yeah I blame Trump, why not? He preaches hate, he reaps what he sows.

It's Trump's fault by proxy.

The President sets the moral tone in America and Trump is selling hate. He hates the media, he hates this, he hates that....He hates, hates, hates...and all that hate filters down the line and he causes a shift in American society, even if it's a small shift, towards a meaner and unkinder America.

Yeah I blame Trump, why not? He preaches hate, he reaps what he sows.
You don't create a meaner and unkinder America overnight (or just over the course of a year or less). You also don't get a president like Donald Trump because of nothing.

When Obama was president I also criticized him for his poor handling of race relations in America. Obama could have healed the racial divide, instead he increased it. Captain Steel can vouch for that. It's not about partisan politics.

@Citizen Rules

Was the Dallas cop shooting Obamas fault bu proxy? Being a vocal advocate of BLM which stands for "No Justice, No Peace" and other raidcial rhetoric