The Paul Verhoeven Club - Master Thread

Tools    

Like everything else on MoFo... from lists to quizzes... it's a Chat Room written and designed solely for MoFo

MoFo uses it's own server too. Yods bought a server a couple years back and transferred the entire database onto it. MoFo is a totally privately owned and run website. Didn't you know?

@Yoda :
Can we possibly get the Chat Room opened for RoboCop?
I'm thinking Saturday 15 July? We could have a marathon type where the movie is played at 3 separate times or something.
Sure thing.

Like everything else on MoFo... from lists to quizzes... it's a Chat Room written and designed solely for MoFo
Can't take total credit: I modified an existing chat script to tie into the forums. Worked out pretty well, though!

MoFo uses it's own server too. Yods bought a server a couple years back and transferred the entire database onto it. MoFo is a totally privately owned and run website. Didn't you know?
Yeah, I keep forgetting that we've got lots of users who never had to experience the old server. *shudder* Obviously, this costs a lot more (especially since we were hosted for free by a friend of mine before), but it went from constantly crashing and hanging to lightning fast almost overnight. Sure has been nice to spend more time focusing on adding stuff instead the last couple of years.

Full schedules for MoFo Weekends can be found here... posting this schedule here as well though seeing as this is the Master Thread.

Saturday, July 15th, 2017
The RoboCop 30th Anniversary Celebration
3 showings for the movie to be sure everyone gets a fair shot

6am - Central USA
12 noon - British Time
1pm - European Time
9pm - Central Australia

12 noon - Central USA
6pm - British Time
7pm - European Time
3am Sunday - Central Australia

4pm - Central USA
10pm - British Time
11pm - European Time
7am Sunday - Central Australia

Just got done watching Elle. Don't really know what to say about that. Won't be causing me to join the club, I did like it though. If you can like a film like Elle.

I've still yet to see Elle... heard some fantastic things about it though.
Huppert won Best Actress in over 50 different awards ceremonies... then got stiffed at the Oscars.

I've still yet to see Elle... heard some fantastic things about it though.
Huppert won Best Actress in over 50 different awards ceremonies... then got stiffed at the Oscars.
Elle is a tough sell for a mass audience. I think that's the point a lot of people miss about the Oscars. When that many people are voting the things that are going to win are the least objectionable. Look at our small little community. I would say the majority of mofos complain a good bit about the Oscars. Then our little awards come out pretty damn similar.

Starship Troopers quietly became a favorite of mine just a month or two ago. I watched it like 3 times in a week. Brilliant subversion of propaganda. Verhoeven is a balsy, divisive filmmaker with a lot of versatility. Still need to watch his less popular movies.

Starship Troopers quietly became a favorite of mine just a month or two ago. I watched it like 3 times in a week. Brilliant subversion of propaganda. Verhoeven is a balsy, divisive filmmaker with a lot of versatility. Still need to watch his less popular movies.

I love ST.
You making the Robo 30th Weekend?

I'll definitely be here for Starship Troopers, because I've been wanting to see that again for a long time. I don't think I've seen the ENTIRE movie, either - I was a kid when I saw it, and my dad made me leave the room during the scene with boobs. Damn him!!! That was probably integral to the storyline!