The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

All the movies I've watched trying to cover everything that might show up, and The Trial pops up. The same thing happened to me on the first day of the 70's countdown with Logan's Run. The Trial looks very good; I'll watch it ASAP.

I liked Black Sunday but not enough to consider voting for it.

First of all thanks a lot for taking the time to do this Daniel . Nice layout, looks great.

From the one pointers I've seen Carry On Camping . Sorry Tacitus I know it was always going to be your #1 or your #25 . I really want to see Murder A La Mod because it just came up in a biography of Robert Deniro I'm reading. And Rape because its a film called Rape with John Lennon and Yoko Ono .

Not seen either of the first two. I was meaning to get to The Trial but didn't end up getting around to any Welles. Will watch that tomorrow probably. Black Sunday looks interesting too.

I was actually going to predict that The Trial would show up first.

Anyway, I love that film and it was one of the many difficult cuts I had to make. I have it on DVD. It's a brilliant piece of cinema!

Black Sunday seems interesting as well. I haven't schooled myself in the stylish Italian horror films of (amongst others) Mario Bava yet, but I definitely will in the future!

The Breakdown...

Black Sunday

5th (21 points), 6th (21 points), 16th (10 points), 18th (8 points)

The Trial

2x 7th (38 points), 15th (11 points), 20th (6 points), 22nd (4 points)

Notes

Both films were tied with another, with all three on 59 points. However the other film only appeared on three lists, meaning that it just missed out on the countdown, finishing in 101st place.

Master of My Domain
Black Sunday's gruesomeness is awesome (the film even got banned because of it at one point) is pretty good. Didn't vote for it thought, for obvious reasons.

What was the other film, Daniel?

I thought about putting Black Sunday on my list, but in the end it's just not enough. I don't think I've seen The Trial.

Master of My Domain
By the way, Yoda, traditionally the thread ended up in the review section again, as a result of it having become a sticky.
I noticed that too.

Just had to take a pic of it.

By the way, Yoda, traditionally the thread ended up in the review section again, as a result of it having become a sticky.
I will literally never remember to hard code the exception in before stickying these. Never.

Fixed in a few minutes.

I'm not sure if I should post the other film, or the almost made its, I think that takes away a bit of the suspense.
I think that one's kind of up to you. Holden and I are the only list curators that did that, I think. I mostly did it because there were a couple of films on it that I wanted to get official representation on the list.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Let him post those nearly misses later. I don't want my hope for some of my favorites to be destroyed just yet.
I feel the same. I like the tension to be kept.

The Trial was an OK film for me. 6.5/10. No where near making it, and a bit silly at times. I will say the first half of the film was really good and then it just kind of fell off from there in my opinion.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Of the one-pointers, The Flim-Flam Man is great and deserves to be on the Top 100 itself. I just couldn't find a place for it in my 25, but that always happens to several films I love.

The other most-interesting film is a surrealist Mexican classic I recommend to everyone - Macario. If Bunuel had directed it, it might have made the Top 100.

My #25 didn't make either list I'm afraid. As far as Black Sunday and The Trial, they're cult items and we're a cult, so they fit in here, but they wouldn't make my Top 250 of the '60s.

I wonder what the "Reserved" post is for?
Just thought I'd put in there in case I wanted to use it for something later. I'll probably end up putting the 'misses' their, I think Holden did that with the films outside of the 100 there after the list was finished.

My #25 didn't make either list I'm afraid. As far as Black Sunday and The Trial, they're cult items and we're a cult, so they fit in here, but they wouldn't make my Top 250 of the '60s.
I honestly don't know if I could make a list of 250 films from the 60's I'd even want to see.