Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Tools    

Seeing the movie i think her Parents were what Johnsons vision was. I think Rey had power and Emperor wanted to use it like a new toy/ Like when he Saw Maul and Then Anakin. I Think Rey is not anyone but Rey and point being didnt matter if she was royaltry or a nobody. She and Kylo in the end are Jedi. Even Though Kylo Went sour he too is a jedi he just forgot like Anakin did for a time.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
If Palpatine was the puppet master behind everything inc Snoke then why would Snoke try to kill Rey? Especially if Palpatine wanted Rey to be the new Empress.

Trash ret-conning.

No Last Jedi left too much plot hole. Also Snoke never said wanted to kill her he just tortured her a little bit.
Did he not literally order Kylo Ren to kill her?

Welcome to the human race...
You could chalk it up to Snoke being a faulty clone that was breaking from the program for one reason or another - I could question whether he's even aware of his status as a clone (and would also explain why Palpatine would prefer to turn Rey rather than rely on such unreliable clones).

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Was that explained as such in 9? Not arguing, just I haven't seen it yet to know.

I haven t seen the film yet, but i am not excited, and from what i read of user reviews it is obvious that the film have some very tedious screenplay and they say it feels forced and not natural, and plots left unanswered from the previous two films, and palpatine s motives are totally fan service decision, i m not really digging this tbh all i can say is:
Jar jar binks ruined the 90s trilogy,and disney ruined the new one...

Was that explained as such in 9? Not arguing, just I haven't seen it yet to know.
Nah, this is just personal conjecture based on the available information.

You could chalk it up to Snoke being a faulty clone that was breaking from the program for one reason or another - I could question whether he's even aware of his status as a clone (and would also explain why Palpatine would prefer to turn Rey rather than rely on such unreliable clones).
Let's chalk it up as what it is though, JJ always had Kylo pegged to turn back to the light, therefore they needed a big bad, Snoke. Rian came along and decided he was going another way entirely, then JJ gets back for part 3 with the problem of not having an established big bad for a redeemed Kylo/Ben to go against so they turn to clearly dead Palpatine.

I haven t seen the film yet, but i am not excited, and from what i read of user reviews it is obvious that the film have some very tedious screenplay and they say it feels forced and not natural, and plots left unanswered from the previous two films, and palpatine s motives are totally fan service decision, i m not really digging this tbh all i can say is:
Jar jar binks ruined the 90s trilogy,and disney ruined the new one...
From the sound of things if you can forget all the mess behind the scenes and forget that Palpatine has being copy pasted in there, it's still a bad film on its own merits, which I didn't expect.

I still haven't watched yet.

Let's chalk it up as what it is though, JJ always had Kylo pegged to turn back to the light, therefore they needed a big bad, Snoke. Rian came along and decided he was going another way entirely, then JJ gets back for part 3 with the problem of not having an established big bad for a redeemed Kylo/Ben to go against so they turn to clearly dead Palpatine.
Just offering a logically plausible in-story explanation that disregards any behind-the-scenes confusion. Obviously, I don't think it makes thematic sense or anything abstract like that, but I can see a base logic to it.

Boldly going.
Saw it tonight. I thought it was the best in the trilogy, but the trilogy as a whole doesn't add much to the SW saga.
WARNING: "A movie without consequences." spoilers below
This is a movie without consequences. We think Chewy is dead... then he's not. We think C3PO has lost his memory... then he has it back. Rey mortally wounds Kylo... then she heals him. Palpatine is dead... but now he's back. Rey is dead... but Kylo brings her back... Luke is gone, but he's not...etc. etc.

WARNING: "What I liked about it." spoilers below
I liked the idea that the "secret" that both Palpatine and Anakin were after in Revenge of the Sith (keep those we care about from dying) was found, by both Palpatine and by Rey, but in different ways: Palpatine possesses people or drains the life out of others to keep himself alive, while Rey gives a part of herself to keep others alive.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I fail to really see the purpose of the sequel trilogy, it doesn't really build off the first 6 at all.
You don't know the power of the Dark Side.

Actually, it's just a meaningless money maker.

It more or less puts to rest any chance of anything like the Empire rising again with every one coming together at last. Also maybe no Skywalker means a new order of Jedi can rise. I think Rey is not a Palpatine. I think down the road we will learn he just wanted to use her like a Vader. She was really know one. Her great power was the force Bond with Kylo Ren.

I fail to really see the purpose of the sequel trilogy, it doesn't really build off the first 6 at all.
Probably because the second three movies should have had a much better plot...

Rotten Tomatoes reminding us that they have no credibility.

Rise of Skywalker has sat at 86% every time the site has updated. Never 85% never 87%, just sitting completely still. Now you can say this isn't impossible but with other sites showing a much more mixed audience reaction, Metacritic 5.0, Cinescore B+ (worst ever cinescore for Star Wars) this 86% is very suspect.

Rotten Tomatoes have also removed the "want to see"and now simply have a tomatometer, though you can click for more in depth data and a rating, ROS seems to be getting an abnormaly high 4.31/5 so far.

So now safe mediocre films that are simply "OK" are gonna start receiving really high tomato scores even if the audience feeling is like 6-7/10 and there will be no way to differentiate between those mediocre films and really good/great films.

Rotten is the right word I guess, now just a blockbuster protection site.