My Film - The Job Hunt (In Development)

Tools    

My campaign is now live on IndieGoGo, where you can view all the information you need about the film Please share this with your friends, family, through social media etc. Any support will be appreciated

I've purchased this web address so you can very easily get to and share the website...

www.TheJobHuntFilm.co.uk

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
My campaign is now live on IndieGoGo, where you can view all the information you need about the film Please share this with your friends, family, through social media etc. Any support will be appreciated

I've purchased this web address so you can very easily get to and share the website...

www.TheJobHuntFilm.co.uk
Is the script complete now then Dan?

Reviews

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Yeah, there'll be changes to it still, but I at the point where I consider it to be strong enough for me to be happy with the film if I filmed it.
Again, I forgot to give my feedback on that initial portion you sent me (I wrote up like a pros/cons list and everything), I would quite like to see the (provisionally) finished article. If you're willing of course.

I read this just the other day (sorry, my reading pile is crazy so it took me awhile). Enjoyed it. Is my version already out of date, though?

Either way, glad you're doing this--I hope it works out. The script was fun. A lot will depend on how it's shot, of course, but from the script alone I could imagine it being pretty amusing.

I read this just the other day (sorry, my reading pile is crazy so it took me awhile). Enjoyed it. Is my version already out of date, though?

Either way, glad you're doing this--I hope it works out. The script was fun. A lot will depend on how it's shot, of course, but from the script alone I could imagine it being pretty amusing.
Yeah I think yours is out of date, but most of the main details and scenes, probably around 70-80% of what I sent you is relevant though.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, cheers

Going well so far, managed to raise 41% in a few days, and have a few more people who said they'll chip in soon. Everyone I have spoke to seems positive about the project and supportive, I can't wait until the summer now to actually shoot it.

Many thanks to the couple of MoFos who have generously contributed already too

If you haven't checked it out please take a look and support me, even if you can't afford to donate a little, please share around

http://www.TheJobHuntFilm.co.uk

Another shameless bump, coming in to the last week of this now. Got a decent amount already and some more people have promised to help out in the last few days.

So again, if anybody on here could kindly support the project, that would be amazing, thank you very much to everyone so far

http://www.thejobhuntfilm.co.uk

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sounds good Daniel, just do it.

I know you're trying to raise money to make it look as best as possible, but it would be good practice to use even a digital camera so that when you actually come time to film you've learned more about the technical parts, and you can evolve your story, simply by trying, experimenting with each take.

If you wanna use music, I have some stuff I could give you, it's all instrumental.

Done! Best of luck Daniel.
Done! Big wishes and luck for your project!
Thank you very much you two

Sounds good Daniel, just do it.

I know you're trying to raise money to make it look as best as possible, but it would be good practice to use even a digital camera so that when you actually come time to film you've learned more about the technical parts, and you can evolve your story, simply by trying, experimenting with each take.

If you wanna use music, I have some stuff I could give you, it's all instrumental.
Thank you. We will be using a digital camera, I have someone on board as a cinematographer/editor who's very comfortable and shot a number of different digital projects (either short films or adverts/promos for similar projects) so that should all be fine.

And thanks for the offer, I massively appreciate it. But at the moment I think it should be fine, largely because the use of music may conflict with the story arc of a certain character, and I'm not really sure how I'd incorporate it right now, but it could be something we may look into once we've shot everything. I think it was Friendly Mushroom who offered something similar early on in the thread, and the same goes with him. Thanks guys

The Good The Bad and the Interesting
Sounds like a great idea and I wish the best of luck to you. I wad thinking while reading this that there is a great opportunity to add comedic value, as the protagonist finds himself failing miserably in his first few interviews, by being to honest, or saying the wrong things, but eventually learns from his mistakes and gets better at the job interview. This comedic effect of trial and error was done in films such as Tommy Boy. (Chris Varley and David Spade fail miserably at selling car breaks, but then eventually get better.) It was also done in Step Brothers, when the two brothers played by Will Ferrel and John C. Reilly try to get jobs, but do very poorly in their first few interviews.
It is just a suggestion and I am very excited to hear more on your progress as an independent film maker.

Sounds like a great idea and I wish the best of luck to you. I wad thinking while reading this that there is a great opportunity to add comedic value, as the protagonist finds himself failing miserably in his first few interviews, by being to honest, or saying the wrong things, but eventually learns from his mistakes and gets better at the job interview. This comedic effect of trial and error was done in films such as Tommy Boy. (Chris Varley and David Spade fail miserably at selling car breaks, but then eventually get better.) It was also done in Step Brothers, when the two brothers played by Will Ferrel and John C. Reilly try to get jobs, but do very poorly in their first few interviews.
It is just a suggestion and I am very excited to hear more on your progress as an independent film maker.
This is basically the main basis of the plot actually The idea is for him to go from being quiet an ignorant, selfish person to becoming someone you want to find a job in the end, and hopefully that reflects in the script. The start of the film features a couple of 'failed interview' scenes for him to learn from

Thanks

Oh yes, embedded tweets, cheers I'm gonna start using Twitter and other social media to keep everyone updated now. On Twitter especially I need to be more active/involved, hence the tweet today. Clapper board should help organising files and syncing sound.

That's the first film related purchase I've made, at the moment me and my DP/editor Sam are going through everything we need to organise. Got a shortlist of things that we'll probably end up purchasing, but a lot depends on a potential camera upgrade (Better camera = less money spent on other equipment such as lenses). It's a lot of hard work making sure everything's in place, and a lot of money too that you take for granted beforehand.

So for me:

- Continue to add little bits and bobs to the script. As I've said, it's already 'completed' to the stage where I'm happy to shoot. But me and my friends and constantly coming up with little ideas to add in to bulk it up a little bit.

- Organise locations and additional actors. The next week or two I'll be advertising and asking people to help out with this, we have a few lined up already for both, so it should be okay.

- Organise additional equipment: lenses, lighting, microphones... again, depends on a potential camera upgrade.

A thousand pounds* seems like a decent sum of money, but it's mad how much everything costs. I'm still trying to save my own money to add to it, and when you add in the cost of my friend's camera, the equipment he already has, and amount of hours put in without wage, locations used without cost, the overall 'real cost' if you like is looking much higher. Then add in to it that except for me, everyone involved actually has a job (somewhat ironically), so we have to work around that. So lots of challenges, but I can't wait to actually get to filming.

* Thanks again for everyone who's contributing from here. Christine sent me a donation after the deadline, and I realised I haven't thanked her in here yet too, so thank you very much!