Mofoington's Best Film: 1963

Tools    

Personally, I could use a little more time just because I'm cramming for the animation tournament, but I've seen enough to put a list together, if everyone else is ready.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sunday in New York (1963) is scheduled to air on Turner Classic Movies on Thursday, Nov 20, 2014 at 2:15 AM EASTERN TIME.

CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS FOR THE CORRECT TIME IN YOUR LOCAL TIME ZONE.

I don't expect it to get many votes, but I hope that some people will at least watch it and give it a chance. It's one of my favorite movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057543/reference

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Oh, it wasn't mine to give away. I just wanted to make sure it was continued by someone.

For people who are watching more movies before they make up their mind, I recommend Lilies of the Field and Bye Bye Birdie.

I'm pondering giving Contempt another try. The name of the film is pretty apt for how I felt about it the first go around, but I've changed my mind before.

Well damn my lack of TV! I would have like to see that one too. I like Jane Fonda.

I won't have time to watch many 1963 films, but I will participate at get a list in.

Two thumbs up to Hello 101 for taking on the task.

Oh, it wasn't mine to give away. I just wanted to make sure it was continued by someone.

For people who are watching more movies before they make up their mind, I recommend Lilies of the Field and Bye Bye Birdie.

I'm pondering giving Contempt another try. The name of the film is pretty apt for how I felt about it the first go around, but I've changed my mind before.

I love Bye Bye Birdie. It's one of my favorite musicals, with great performances by the whole cast, especially Dick Van Dyke.

I would be open to a longer time frame for watching some 1963 films. 101 said it was up to us. So what do you guys say? 2 weeks long enough? or?

I just checked my list, and I have at least 17 movies from 1963 to watch, including a bunch of re-watches, and I'm still working on finishing up my animation list.

I can probably do it in two weeks if I have to because a lot of the movies are re-watches, but a little more time might be nice.

These are 1963 films that I haven't seen. Which should I watch as contenders for my list?

The Haunting
Carry on Jack
The Raven
The Leopard
Tom Jones
The Comedy of Terrors
The Haunted Palace
Contempt
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
Gidget Goes to Rome
The Incredible Journey
The V.I.P.s
The Ballad of the Running Man
Come Blow Your Horn
Monstrosity
Love with the Proper Stranger
The Three Lives of Thomasina
4 for Texas
X
Sunday in New York
Solider in the Rain
The List of Adrian Messenger
55 Days at Peking
Toys in the Attic
America America

These are 1963 films that I haven't seen. Which should I watch as contenders for my list?

The Haunting
The Raven
Sunday in New York

I haven't seen most of those movies, but these are the three that I would recommend from your list.

So a week more? I've edited the original post to 8th December. Three weeks.