A Nobody's Top 100 (:p)

→ in
Tools    

I've not seen it. But I'm really not a fan of animated films and it's Disney, so it's highly unlikely that I'd like it. Believe me, Shrek is a rare exception for me.

I'm one of the few, perhaps only, who didn't like Shrek 2 but liked Shrek 3. Not seen Puss In Boots, mainly because I reallly didn't like Shrek 2 or that character.

Unregistered User
I'm one of the few, perhaps only, who didn't like Shrek 2 but liked Shrek 3. Not seen Puss In Boots, mainly because I reallly didn't like Shrek 2 or that character.
Don't, its awful.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
78. Black Hawk Down (Ridley Scott)
Oh, has war ever looked so gloriously violent?.
Watch Come and See and you will have nightmares.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Yeah, the Puss in Boots movie is awful and I say that as someone who loves Shrek 2 the most of the series, precisely because of the Puss in Boots character.

Also, shocked you like Shrek. So there might actually be like three movies on you animation ballot!

Oh yeah and to hello101 for both Shrek and The Emporer's New Groove.

Not sure if you're aware, hello101, but there's a straight to DVD TENG sequel called Kronk's New Groove. It includes the original voice cast but it's still crap like just about all straight to video releases. Avoid it.

So great to see some love for Naked Prey...saw that movie for the first time about 20 years ago and don't see a lot of talk about it on movie boards...very classy choice.

90. Shaun Of The Dead (Edgar Wright)
Wittiest Humor. Sean Pegg and Nick Frost deliver for the umpteen time.

89. Sleepers (Barry Levinson)
Such a perfect first and second act followed up by a rather great last act.

88. Bringing Out The Dead (Martin Scorsese)
Nicholas Cage as the insomnia-affected, ghost seeing, paramedic. What's not to love?

87. House Of The Devil (Ti West)
Nostalgic piece, very reminiscent of the haunted (satanic) houses released in the 70s/80s.
Nice to see some love for Sleepers....awesome movie.

Big thumbs up for Bad Santa, and I also like Black Hawk Down and The Man Who Fell To Earth.

I liked the concept of Brick, but I didn't like the movie.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I know a lot of people seem to think Pacino overacts...
Pacino overacting? Impossible!

The recent entries that I like the most are Frantic (hugely underrated thriller) and The Others (one of the best and creepiest ghost stories I've seen).

The Panic in Needle Park is a movie that I meant to watch in preparation for our recently concluded 70's Countdown, but I never got around to it. I'm also very interested in watching Dead Man's Shoes and This Boy's Life.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
98. Starred Up (David Mackenzie Running)

A really great film from recent times, I could feel the fatherly link between the Eric and Neville despite it not being mentioned directly and the grim tone of the relationship, stellar chemistry between those two actors. A fresh spin on the typical prison-drama. I would have had locations vary a little bit as we end up seeing the same continuously, then again it's not much of a criticism, this is a prison-drama for godsakes. Nitpicking, I love this film.
Just watched this the other day. Stands equal to "Scum" 1974 as a great british prison film. Very powerful great performance from Ben Mendelson and Jack O'Connell.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This list is full of win. Great to see "Dead Mans Shoes", another great british film and one of my favs. Glad to see Crimson Tide and Copland too among others. Look forward to the rest of it, keep it up!

65. Dead Man's Shoes (Shane Meadows)

The acting may be a little messy but Paddy Considine kills it and covers up the flaws of the other "actors" remarkably. I love a good story of revenge and this was more than just good to note.
One of my favourite directors. I wouldn't say the acting is messy tho. what's up with the other actors? It's supposed to be like that!

64. The Others (Alejandro Amenábar)

A little like The Challenging, is not really a face-on film. An underrated performance by the beautiful Nicole Kidman, kids did equally as good which pleasantly surprised me, suspenseful and build up is the formula here. Thank God they didn't cast someone like Dakota Fanning at the time. I would've cried.
not underrated by me