donniedarko- Top 100 movies 2014.

→ in
Tools    

92. Kill Bill: Vol 1 (Tarantino, 2003)

Kill Bill: Vol 1 is the superior of the two awesome Tarantino revenge flicks. I'd give both the same rating but 1 gets the edge for two reasons: the epic out numbered fight scene and that it made me immediately want to go watch Volume 2, which didn't disappoint at all. Uma Thruman is a bad ass, from the moment she wake up from her coma getting raped to when she meets Bill (Volume 2), she impresses (as a character and actress). [/center]
Hah, so that's your favorite animation (anime actually):

That's fine if Shutter Island is your favorite Scorsese, but to call it his best? Really? Really?
It's the same thing in the end. One's best movie is the one's favorite movie. Objective judgment cannot be performed regarding art as I have previously explained in detail.

91. Scream (Craven, 1996)

I almost included Scream 4 on the list, but decided that the original is the superior of the series, and perhaps the best slasher. Beginning with the shocking Drew Barrymore scene, Scream remains constantly intense. Even once Craven leaves the franchise and this gets as many sequels as Saw, nothing can tarnish the rep of the original.

90. Black Swan (Arnofsky, 2010)

While the big names behind this film (Arnofsky, Kunis, and Portman) are all great, the beauty in this film lies on the smaller members of the cast. Vincent Cassel with his great supporting role, Libatique with his stunning cinematography, and the whole make up and production crew made this film as beautiful as it is. Arnofsky creates a well executed film, adapting the story of Andres Heinz, but this film could end up very dry if it wasn't for all the effort to make everything look visually stunning.

89. Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994)

What can I say about Pulp Fiction that hasn't been said yet? (Especially when I don't love it as much as most people). Trantino's early film is hilarious, creative, and entertaining. With one of the greatest cast, and most perfectly shot scenes this deserves all the popularity it gets. (One more Tarantino still coming)

Those are three of my favorites too, especially Black Swan and Pulp Fiction.

I really like Pulp Fiction, but it has slid out of my list of favorites over the last year or two. It's been awhile since I last watched it though, so that could change again when I do.

Don't care for Scream and really didn't like Black Swan.

I love Pulp so much I get dissapointed when people put it this low on their lists. I guess its your list and all that.

Scream and Pulp Fiction are on my 100, too. I really do need to see Pulp again, though. My guess is either it'll go up in my estimation or it'll confirm that I don't really love it anymore.

Black Swan I've spoken of before. Not seen it. Own it, but only because I wanted to see if Portman really could act.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You just wanted to see lesbian scene, honeykid, admit it!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Like Scream. LOVE Black Swan.

And well, everyone knows what I think about Pulp Fiction. Fantastic film! It still has to appear on my own list, so that says a lot.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well, it's a good list so far... I would put Pulp Fiction on my top 3, but that's me!

I didn't like Scream, I still have to watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Young Frankenstein but the rest of the list is pretty solid!

Curious to see the rest!

88. The House is Black (Farrokhzad, 1963)

The House is Black-introduced to me by Tyler 1- is a 20 minute, black & white, Persian documentary that has more emotional appeal than most any documentary. For a film that centers itself around ugliness, there's a slight beauty to it. Not that it's a pleasant watch, but one that's easy to appreciate and important. The little Iranian cinema I've seen has all been top of the notch, for a nation with historic and modern oppression/ political issues it sure produces many great directors (but so did Soviet Union).

87. History of The World: Part 1 (Brooks, 1981)

The second Mel Brooks film to make the early section of the list, History of the World: Part 1. The satire starts with a 2001: A Space Odyssey spin off showing the creation of mankind, then going to creation of old testament, ancient Rome, Spanish inquisition, and French Revolution. All segments are great but the Spanish Inquisition is my favorite (despite being a musical scene). Inspired by many other comedic greats including Chaplin's The Great Dictator, Brook's creates a great historical comedy. Sadly there's no Part 2.

86. Jiro: Dreams of Sushi (Gelb, 2011)

Hey look, another documentary. Jiro: Dreams of Sushi, follows the great Sushi master Jiro Ono, and his two sons careers. At 85 Jiro continues to master his craft, and sh*t that business looks brutal. While I don't share the same philosophies of Jiro, the film and the man are both very motivational. Also the sushi is mouth watering, I just ate before watching this and was still starving at the end. Would be a great experience to eat at this sushi den, just have to make a reservation a month ahead of time.

I saw History of the World at the movies about 100 years ago - liked it at the time but not sure I would now. Jiro is an excellent documentray - nice choice

We've gone on holiday by mistake
WHAT WHAT WHAT! No better Scorsese film than Shutter??!! You could tell from the trailer what the twist was going to be. I've never felt a desire to rewatch it, but I could watch Goodfellas just about every week.