donniedarko- Top 100 movies 2014.

→ in
Tools    

Love Being John Malkovich. I had serious issues with the final act of Argo, but it was a good movie. Need to get my kids to watch Ratatouille with me again, it is a movie that has left my mind.

Love Being John Malkovich and Young Frankenstein! They are both respectively my favorite films by Kaufman/Jones and Mel Brooks.

I still haven't seen Argo, but I should.

I'm not crazy about Argo, but Young Frankenstein is awesome, and Being John Malkovich is fantastic.

I liked BJM, but I've not seen it since the 90's. Maybe 2000. Don't like Mel Brooks, so that's Young Frankenstein out, while I'd like to see Argo but have yet to do so.

BTW, pleased to hear that the 90's feature heavily.

The Kid is cute, but I think Chaplin has made much better films. Ratatouille is also cute, but I'd place it in the bottom half of Pixar's features. Never seen Downfall, and seeing honeykid call it brilliant makes me wonder how good it can actually be.

I love Being John Malkovich--- it's highly original and hilarious. Young Frankenstein is a fun movie, not a personal favorite, but I enjoy it. Argo didn't do much for me, but it sounds like your unique theater experience enhanced your viewing.

Looking forward to the rest. I see you give low ratings to all kinds of great films in the Movie Tab, so I'm curious to see what films you actually do like.

Thumbs way, WAY up for Being John Malkovich. Absolutely one of the most original movies I've ever seen and in my personal top ten, along with Ratatouille.

I liked Argo well enough but didn't love it. As for Young Frankenstein, the only Mel Brooks movie I've ever cared for was Robin Hood: Men In Tights, so no love from me there.

Saw this, MV and thought you might get a kick out of it. Or hate it with a passion. Either way.
That gave me a good chuckle.

It's still boring.
Sigh. Sometimes I wonder why I like you.

I like what I've seen so far; Young Frankenstein, Ratatouille and Argo, but don't love them like you. Looking forward to the rest of your list though, should be good

Ratatouille, The Kid and Argo all get positive scores from me. Not a fan of Being John Malkovich though, or Kaufman's quirk in general for that matter.

Really looking forward to this . Like Swan i'm hoping another film that was in your top 5 will still be there .

From the first set i've only seen Ratatouille which is among my favourite Pixars, Downfall has been on my watchlist forever and The Kid looks like something i'd enjoy.

From the second i really like Young Frankenstein and again Being John Malkovich has been on my watchlist forever. To be honest though Argo looks like something i wouldn't like, i will get around to it eventually anyway.

I love Young Frankenstein and always have.

Argo is also fantastic, a very entertaining movie.

I don't like quirky movies in general, but I really liked Being John Malkovich.

That's a real fun set of movies

I think I made about 15-20 minutes of Ratatouille before I decided I'd been right all along and turned it off. I think I could make it, though. There aren't any songs in it, are there?
I don't recall any obnoxious ones. The obnoxious song style is Disney's brand not Pixar's. In fact their styles are very different, Pixar films are much more complex and "adult" than Disney's.

98. Ratatouille (Bird & Pinkava)

This is my favorite Pixar film, therefore the only one making my list, and one of very few animated films.
I see, I guess one of the other ones is certainly, Nausicaa.