Marvel's Doctor Strange

Tools    

Looks strong. Oh the Ancient One is a woman?!

I hate when hollywood changes things stupidly. YOU EVER HEAR OF THE WOMAN ON THE MOUNTAIN THEY TRAVEL TO GAIN WISDOM FROM?! ME NEITHER!
The clip looks awesome though. I thought Mikkelson would have played a fantastic Mordo, but Chiwetel Ejiofor is I doubt the casting mistakes will hurt the overall film quality, its not as bad as BvsS and that got by, and Im guessing Mikkelsons playing....Dormammu! Btw Im sure I mispelled alot of these names.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
For a teaser trailer that was pretty good. It was actually a lot longer and more detailed than I was expecting given they only wrapped shooting like a week ago and obviously have lots of post-production ahead of them with I'd imagine loads of effects work

Marvel also released a second poster which is freaking gorgeous!

Looks strong. Oh the Ancient One is a woman?!

I hate when hollywood changes things stupidly. YOU EVER HEAR OF THE WOMAN ON THE MOUNTAIN THEY TRAVEL TO GAIN WISDOM FROM?! ME NEITHER!
Doesn't mean there can't be a woman on the mountain.

For a teaser trailer that was pretty good. It was actually a lot longer and more detailed than I was expecting given they only wrapped shooting like a week ago and obviously have lots of post-production ahead of them with I'd imagine loads of effects work

Marvel also released a second poster which is freaking gorgeous!

I agree; that's a great teaser poster. I think Marvel may have another Iron Man on their hands.

Doesn't mean there can't be a woman on the mountain.
Yeah but Why?! Why?! Just because, thats why. I dont agree with changing things due to indifference, and thats exactly why they did it.

I think the movie will still be good, but the Ancient One could have stole the whole show with the right casting. Now theres no chance of it (sorry Tilda).

Yeah but Why?! Why?! Just because, thats why. I dont agree with changing things due to indifference, and thats exactly why they did it.

I think the movie will still be good, but the Ancient One could have stole the whole show with the right casting. Now theres no chance of it (sorry Tilda).
She better be black!

She better be black!
Youre right! They should have cast Serena Williams as the Ancient One

I'm just reading C. Robert Cargill's comments about the casting of the Ancient One and I can't believe it. I know next to nothing about Doctor Strange but how can Cargill call the character a racist stereotype? Surely a character like Ming the Merciless or Fu Manchu are more in that vein – I mean they're evil for a start. He also seems to be saying that the Ancient One couldn't be as intended because it would annoy the Chinese, under the slogan of "cultural sensitivity".

This reminds me of the Flash Gordon TV series they made about 10 years ago. They cast a caucasian actor as Ming the Merciless, ostensibly to remove any negative stereotypes to do with the Chinese — but he was still called 'Ming'.

Cargill's rationale just shows how they've tied themselves up in knots worrying about politics before anyone said a word. Productions like that virtually cease to be entertainment in those conditions.

I'm just reading C. Robert Cargill's comments about the casting of the Ancient One and I can't believe it. I know next to nothing about Doctor Strange but how can Cargill call the character a racist stereotype? Surely a character like Ming the Merciless or Fu Manchu are more in that vein – I mean they're evil for a start. He also seems to be saying that the Ancient One couldn't be as intended because it would annoy the Chinese, under the slogan of "cultural sensitivity".

This reminds me of the Flash Gordon TV series they made about 10 years ago. They cast a caucasian actor as Ming the Merciless, ostensibly to remove any negative stereotypes to do with the Chinese — but he was still called 'Ming'.

Cargill's rationale just shows how they've tied themselves up in knots worrying about politics before anyone said a word. Productions like that virtually cease to be entertainment in those conditions.

changing things due to indifference
Actually, yeah. No matter how much is said about why they've made these changes there is a perverse, contradictory sense of indifference about the approach.

Fun fact: I was hired to design Cargill (the screenwriter)'s website a few years ago. Nice guy. It was super cool to hear about him getting this gig.

Fun fact: I was hired to design Cargill (the screenwriter)'s website a few years ago. Nice guy. It was super cool to hear about him getting this gig.
Fun fact!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Looks pretty neat. I can't quite shake this feeling, like I've already seen part one and it was called Inception.