shelley duvall

Tools    

Well Robert Altman loves her, but what do you think of The Shining and 3 Women star?

Best role was The Shining... and even then, I didn't like her.
I'd have prefered if Nicholson's axe had hit her over the head through that bathroom door and ended her screaming.

One of my favorite actresses. 3 Women is her best performance (that I've seen) but she's great in The Shining and Nashville too.

Semper Fooey
I am not a big fan, but I admit she was good casting in Popeye, even though the movie was terrible, it wasn't her fault. Before Altman was hired, the names being tossed around to star were Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I bet Shelley Duvall is a freak. I can dig it.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
Did anyone else feel like she got more and more unattractive as the Shining continued?

Did anyone else feel like she got more and more unattractive as the Shining continued?
Do you mean the character?
It was probably stress and since she's isolated less worry about her appearance. Kubrick is good at making characters develop not only inside but physically too.

I bet Shelley Duvall is a freak. I can dig it.
I bet you can...lol!

My favourite role of hers....

I loved this movie as a kid, i have it on DVD some where, I gotta find it and look back at how stupid I was as a kid

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

I loved this movie as a kid, i have it on DVD some where, I gotta find it and look back at how stupid I was as a kid
I loved it as a kid too, watched it a dozen times. I wish I owned the dvd to see how stupid I was too.

Come on guys, Shelley Duvall is a legitimately great actress! Who's with me?

...Nobody? No? Ah well... you can't say she's COMPLETELY unattractive here: