Least favorite movie of favorite director

Tools    

Scorsese: Gangs of New York
Peckinpah: Convoy
Coen Brothers: O Brother Where Art Thou?
Polanski: Pirates
Cronenberg: Naked Lunch
Lumet: The Wiz

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Curious Case of Benjamin Button directed by David Fincher. I would give it 2 and half stars. It isn't a bad film, I just didn't like it much.
I'm with you on that one. What a yawn fest this movie was.

My favourite Director atm is probably Micheal Mann and I find basically all his films to be masterpieces except perhaps "Miami Vice", which is still a solid 4/5. Still need to see "The Keep".

Similar situation with Christopher Nolan and "Memento". I just couldn't handle it. Perhaps need to watch again. Probably 10 years since I saw it.

ridley scott's robin hood, and i think body of lies was a little disapointing as it didnt go anywhere.

QT has never made a bad movie IMO but im still struggling to fall in love with jackie brown like i did the others, and yes I LOVED death proof

Tarantino - Jackie Brown

yep.Although,don't get me wrong - I like Jackie Brown(love the soundtrack) and I like Four Rooms but Tim Roth wins this time.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
You listed Avatar as one of your favourite movies of the year.

BAN THIS MAN.

Suspect's Reviews

Rather than just one, here's a list:

Martin Scorsese - The Aviator
David Fincher - The Game
Stanley Kubrick - Spartacus
Paul Thomas Anderson - Hard Eight
Alfred Hitchcock - The Birds
Quentin Tarantino - Death Proof
Steven Soderbergh - Ocean's Twelve
Terry Gilliam - Tideland
Christopher Nolan - Insomnia
Ridley Scott - Robin Hood

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Winnah Winnah Chicken Dinnah.

The man behind the camera that brought us 12 Angry Men (57') The Hill (65'), Serpico (73'), Dog Day Afternoon (75') and then perhaps his crown jewel Network (76') which cleaned up at the oscars.

and then in 78'

whoops.

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?
Technically impressive but its sole purpose to disgust rather than to enlighten. I am sceptical about how well it functions as an anti-addiction movie by resorting to shock tactics. On the contrary, the voyeurism and trippiness of the film comes across as more intriguing than frightening, therefore reinforcing my belief of how unconvincing the premise is and how cinematic the movie has become.

Technically impressive but its sole purpose to disgust rather than to enlighten. I am sceptical about how well it functions as an anti-addiction movie by resorting to shock tactics. On the contrary, the voyeurism and trippiness of the film comes across as more intriguing than frightening, therefore reinforcing my belief of how unconvincing the premise is and how cinematic the movie has become.
I don't even think it's technically impressive. There is nothing original or exciting about Aronofsky's editing and framing. You can 20 other drug related films and find either the exact same MTV ****, or something that actually has some, ahem, substance. Trainspotting is very visual oriented when it came to depicting drugs, too, but at least the techniques used were original and actually genuinely disturbing rather than annoying. And it wasn't preachy either. Plus this film has one of the most overused scores ever. Boo Aronofsky

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
David Fincher: Alien 3
Martin Scorsese: Bringing Out The Dead
Paul Thomas Anderson: Sydney
Stanley Kubrick: The Shining
Christopher Nolan: Following
David Lynch: Wild At Heart
Kevin Smith: Dogma
Steven Spielberg: War Of The Worlds
The Coens': Intolerable Cruelty
Robert Zemeckis: Back To The Future Part III (still love this)
Guy Ritchie: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barells
Alfred Hitchcock: The Birds
Michael Bay: Transformers: Dark Of The Moon