How often do you give 5 star ratings?

→ in
Tools    

The top ten in my profile was not done in any particular order....boy, you just stay on my ass, don't you?
Yeah it is the high point of my day.

For the record i looked at your profile when Citizen asked that question and thought it would've been your first three. Just so i don't drop the habit of being on your ass apparently, i'll say that i don't believe you. No particular order but your 1,2 and 3 ended up at 8,9 and 10? When you write in a film in your favourites on your profile the first one goes into tenth place, so yeah i think you did it backwards

I've only given 6 films the 5-star rating according to my Letterboxd, and this includes rewatches of all-time favorites. So the answer is not too often.

i give out 5* rating to less than 2% of the films I've seen
so maybe 1 in 50 movies on average but it seems less than that lately.. probably because i sought out a lot of classics 3 years ago. now that i've seen those I haven't given a 5 star in years. definitely less than 1 in 50 recently.

Master of My Domain
http://www.movieforums.com/reviews/s...her/any/Gatsby

Gats, I see 14, 5/5 reviews from you...which is cool as they all seem to be great films.
All of those films are part of my current Top 50, except The General and Italian Job . The former needs to be lowered just a bit because the stuntwork doesn't amaze like it used to and the latter I severely overrated for... I don't remember, maybe because I love mini coopers?

I can probably count five star films on two hands, and they include films like The Shawshank Redemption and Jaws... there are not that many around. 4.5 star films though, there are quite a few of those.

I'd give The Shawshank Redemption and Jaws 5 Stars too.
I don't mind giving 5 stars, it's my review and so if I really love a film then I will.

Let's make this thread more fun...post your 5 star films and others can then comment on them. Here's my 5/5

My Dinner with Jimi
Blade Runner
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
Pickup on South Street
Sweet Smell of Success
It's a Wonderful Life
The Hired Hand
Never Let Me Go

I have to return some videotapes.
Citizen i'm guessing you're asking for us to post 5 star movies that we've reviewed, and not ones that we had already seen (like our top 10).

If so my only one is Boogie Nights, I believe.

What's the lowest you've ever given?
if a film is a 1, 2, 3, 4 .. you better bet I shut it off as soon as I started feeling it was that way.... say 5 is the lowest I will watch... .