Avengers: Endgame

Tools    

Got My Tickets for 2pm Next Sunday And Then Come home rest and see Game Of Thrones Episode 8/3 Which i hear will be the Battle For Winterfell. Question being which will have the best Ending moments Thrones or Endgame

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Both will be bittersweet, but which will be the bittersweetest?

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
When these Marvel movies started, you had to choose

between standard and IMAX 3D. Ten years later, we have 2D IMAX.

Doing well with critics, see what the people think.

Doing well with critics, see what the people think.
Well, that was a given: the movie cost well over 500 million dollars to produce and market. Obviously, Disney is going to make sure it is doing very well on Rottentomatoes.

Also answers to Jabba
Well this was disappointing. Glaringly inferior to Infinity War and by a huge margin.

It's 3 am here and i just got back from it so just some first thoughts

SPOILERS  

All in all, that's two mediocre to say the least Marvel films in a row and with the conclusion of this huge storyline I think I have little to no interest about what happens next. I watch a ton of films so I will keep up with Marvel but not in nearly the same way I used to. This was not the conclusion Infinity War deserved. It would have been better to end the story with it (well with a little bit of the start of Endgame) and then move on to new things in a vastly altered universe.

Also, there is no post-credit scene. Save 10 minutes of your life and go pee instead.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I don't think I've ever felt so nervous/excited about watching a movie. I am trying so hard not to have expectations that could be disappointed. Also to avoid spoilers. But it's hard.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Just got back from seeing it. Too many mixed feelings to properly articulate. Basically cried through the last half hour for a variety of different reasons.

Welcome to the human race...
Saw it earlier tonight and liked it well enough, if not necessarily amazed by it. That being said, I got some 3 a.m. thoughts of my own...

SPOILERS  

Also answers to Jabba
@Iroquois your tone feels a bit too apologetic of the film in response to me. We can always play the devil's advocate, but I was mentioning a few things that really didn't work for me.

I am just going to reply to a couple of your points alone.

From one of my FB friends:
You are going to be ticked when you find out it's true. My oldest keeps telling everyone Shrek dies in this one.

Unworthy follow up to Infinity War, loads wrong with it. So much of what made IW great is absent, especially Infinty's incredible first act, and incredible character of Thanos.

The go women scene, OMEGALOL.

Would write more but my alarm for work in t-minus 7 hours.

When the dust settles I think this will sit somewhere in the middle of the 15( or so) movies.

Welcome to the human race...
@Iroquois your tone feels a bit too apologetic of the film in response to me. We can always play the devil's advocate, but I was mentioning a few things that really didn't work for me.

I am just going to reply to a couple of your points alone.

WARNING: "Endgame" spoilers below
All I'm saying is that you made points I could argue against - if that makes me seem "too apologetic" then so be it. I didn't love this movie and had my own problems with it, but I still found it to have a decent amount of logic behind the choices it made anyway.

Regardless, I think it's a matter of the filmmakers making the most of an opportunity where they could make a splash-page featuring all their female characters together, especially when most of the similarly epic hero squad shots from the franchise have been male-dominated with one female character (maybe two), which seems even more tokenistic than a single scene where they all team up and fight together (especially after having already killed off the franchise's most prominent female character anyway). Combined with your other complaint about how more screentime should have gone to already-major characters like Doctor Strange, it definitely comes across as a questionable criticism.

I don't think it would be the filmmakers idea to do that way over the top women scene, more like some incompetent leftie exec forcing this upon them.

SPOILERS

It completely takes you out of the immersion of the final battle and forces you to take a huge bite of a progressive sandwich. Your brain doesn't accept the scene either because it's so unlikely that all these women would be in the exact spot on the battlefield with no men present. The women were doing just fine anyways, SW was giving Thanos a hell of a tough time. The scene is a massive miss step in an otherwise great final battle.

The scene in Wakanda with bald Michonne and BWidow vs the female child of Thanos is a great scene and far more grounded in reality.

WARNING: "plot" spoilers below
Few rambling initial thoughts.

Thor, I wish they would decide what they want him to be. Start of Ragnarok weak, ends movie super strong, starts IW weak, ends super strong with new axe, all of endgame back to being pathetic, he can insta defeat fully stoned up Thanos in Wakanda then can barely stand up to OG Thanos in final battle.

Captain Marvel, way too OP, she's the Charles Xavier that has to disappear for most of the movie before saving the day.

Very weak opening and middle act to the film, I wasn't a fan at all of the jumping back into the old movies.

Too much homage to literally every side character ever taking up too much time.

Captain America, fantastic character throughout and brilliant ending for him. Really grown on me since Civil War, great battle with Thanos, thought for sure he was going to bite it then and there.

Disturbing lack on Thanos, the legendary powerful villain who leveled up through IW never makes an appearance at all. Especially hated that they just go kill him at the start. He puts up a decent fight at the end but its the conversations and interactions with the Avengers that are sorely missed.

Think the writers are really paying for allowing Thanos to win in Infinity War, think I would have preferred a continuation where Thanos doesnt win rather than all the Deus Ex time travel plot devicing.

Guardians 3-The Search for Gamorra coming soon! Featuring comedy Thor.

Goodbye Iron Man, RDJ will be missed but understandable, he's pushing 60.

Solid final act, except for THAT scene.