Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

How all movies should be made. Master shots with the shlt together
Brilliant, heartfelt, curious and entertaining throughout...
BBT's masterpiece of storytelling and character...

a truly beautiful film with a fine dose of ridiculous humor and sentiment.

I agree with you. Sling Blade was an unusual story with a great screenplay and acting by Billy Bob Thornton. His performance catapulted him into stardom. His screenplay won the Oscar that year, and he could've won for Best Actor. But 1996 was a good year for films. Geoffrey Rush won it for Shine.

~Doc

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future

The Long Gray Line - John Ford (1955)

Still a little elusive for me but I find the dialectic of reverence and critique to be very challenging in a positive way.

Hardcore (1979) starring George C. Scott. Directed by Paul Schrader.
First time watching this movie, I heard the writer of 8MM (1999) got his inspiration from this movie.

4/5

8/10 Expected it to bore me but i found it oddly engaging. Most of all i felt emotions particularly hatred for the documentary crew and sadness for that turtle.

The truth is in here

Cemetery of Splendor (2015) by Apichatpong Weerasethakul
+
Oh, Cemetery Of Splendor... Boy, did I hate this movie. I must have missed something everyone else liked about it, but it's one of the few times I regretted not walking out of the theater.

Oh, Cemetery Of Splendor... Boy, did I hate this movie. I must have missed something everyone else liked about it, but it's one of the few times I regretted not walking out of the theater.
What did you not like about it? Its in the vein of Weerasethakul's other movies and deals with death, spirituality and reincarnation. Albeit not his best movie, its not a movie which stands out in a bad way in his auteurship.

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★
Much more than a 'dance' movie.

Tried again two oscar movies:

★★

★½

Scott Cooper double feature:

★★★½

★★★★
I love how the covers look the same. Both films talk about inner demons. Jeff Bridges was incredible in Crazy Heart, but he had to fight against Cooper, an beginner director, who leaves much to be desired at certain moments of Bridges' strong performance. It is clear the evolution of the director in the second film, valuing more the performances, and what great performances (Bale, Affleck, Harrelson, Whitaker, you namet it). A great movie, but even with Cooper's evolution, a bolder director would have made this film a masterpiece!

Two masterpieces, one from this century, and the other from the past one:

★★★★★
One of the best films of this decade!

★★★★★
Kurosawa knows how to direct! A master! An attack with the absence of battle sounds, wonderful long takes, incredible Mise en scène, fantastic performances (Nakadai is a God).

Akai tenshi [Red Angel] (Yasuzô Masumura, 1966)
+
Effectively nurses a distaste for war

Saw this last night...

Whoa.

Believe the hype. This was heavy. (Gonna post a review later.)
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

didn't spot the Arrested Development character
WARNING: "Some might consider this a spoiler?" spoilers below
On the Collector's ship, Tobias (in blue paint) is in one of those display pods.