Homeland

Tools    

Homeland
Did a search for any threads called Homeland and it appears there is none, so my question is does anybody else on here watch this show?

Season 2 has just started in America and is set to air on Sunday here in the UK, my friend told me about the show and convinced me to try and watch the whole first season so I could watch the second in real time.

Seen 8 out of 12 episodes so far. What can I say, brilliant stuff, great and gripping story with great acting performances. The whole idea behind it and the unpredictable episodes and twists are fantastic. Now I'm gonna have this, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to watch on a weekly basis

They've been showing the original on Sky Arts, if you can get that and are interested.

I really liked season one of Homeland and, like you, I'm looking forward to season 2 on Sunday.

Did a search for any threads called Homeland and it appears there is none, so my question is does anybody else on here watch this show?

Yes, it starts on Sunday here.

Yes, it starts on Sunday here.
Nice one, just finished watching season 1 and I am very impressed and eagerly looking forward to watching season 2 which also starts on Sunday where I am

It's good, great first two episodes of this season. Hope they explain how 'that' got 'there' as quite coincidental right now

Actually, I was one week to early. That doesn't happen in bed mind you..

Tonight it's on...

WARNING: "Season2 Ep1" spoilers below
Good start, though I'm concerned about Brody's wife Jess...she smokin hot

As always, I get distracted wife good sorts . As for Carrie, well, my sister has bipolar and she can't do much. How is Carrie going to do her job? Stick to teaching Carrie..

Anyway, Dana will be turned to the dark side. Lets have a bet?

Watched Homeland last night. They say in the promos it will be revealed but at the end on the 1 hour show....lol!

Brody's wife Jess is so hot I have to concentrate on the story or I'll come. Middle age Men are disgusting..

Tonight I watched the 2 hour episode and the acting is great. No wonder they won the Emmys. I still can't take my eyes off Jessica - Brody's wife.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Excellent series all around. Once again, it amazes me how good British actors are with American accents.

Excellent series all around. Once again, it amazes me how good British actors are with American accents.
Aussies are better and that's a fact.

Season 1 after i believe episode 3 was freaking awesome. Season 2 started off strong the last couple just felt a little forced too me. I hope it finishes out strong however. What they are doing with this season is ballsie if give them that. Just took it up because my favorite show Breaking Bad isn't coming back till next year then thats it. Needed something new. BB still the best show I've ever seen on TV imo.

Thinking about getting into Shameless too saw the first episode and enjoyed it. Showtime is stepping their game up.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Great series. Watched season one. Am waiting for 2 to come on DVd. I like to watch them straight through rather than one episode at a time.
The plot is well thought out and very relevant to what's going on now in the real world.

Great series. Watched season one. Am waiting for 2 to come on DVd. I like to watch them straight through rather than one episode at a time.
The plot is well thought out and very relevant to what's going on now in the real world.
Were you one of those children that wanted Christmas and Birthday presents at once?

Almost finished season 5, which has been a bit of a slog, to be honest. I like to watch the show on DVD so I am always a season behind. Pre-ordered season 6 just now from Amazon.

Could kill the New York Times yesterday for a major spoiler. Some of us haven’t seen season 6 yet. Idiots!

I think I've finally had it with the Carrie Mathison character, played completely over the top by Claire Danes. Over the last couple of years we've watched the first 7 seasons, and are just about to the end of season 7. But I doubt that we'll tackle season 8 (current season).

The show is well written with the venerable Howard Gordon at the helm, along with near perfect film scoring by Sean Callery. This pair have worked beautifully together in the past, including all seasons of the wonderful 24 series. And the entire cast has been full of first rate actors.

But the Mathison character has gradually but steadily become like fingernails on a blackboard. Her exaggerated and lengthy hysterical and wacko episodes have become as trite as they are dreaded. With her psychological afflictions, to believe that anyone would put her in charge of anything, or even give her employment, has long ago passed the point of credulity.

If anyone is watching season 8, perhaps you could let me know if it's more of the same from Mathison...

⬆️ It will take forever for a dvd to be released of season 8, but I intend to finish my collection.

Wasn’t it a plot-point the fact that Carrie had no money this past season so nobody actually was paying her? Didn’t her sister discover that Carrie had $35k of unpaid bills?

Carrie has mental illness &, obviously, there will be hysteria & wackiness. It goes with the territory. But, to me, she is a very strong woman, brave, courageous, loyal, caring, loving. I’m excited to see how her arc concludes. For the best, I hope.