Largest mass shooting in US history, atleast 50 dead 53 injured

Tools    

I'm actually getting a headache from this. You literally turn over what you posses when a US Citizen is flying in America, if the TSA asks.
This is an entirely different thing. TSA has no authority or ability to investigate what you leave at home and they have no motivation to look through even a fraction of the texts, books, or computers you bring through the door.

They need cause for concern and if even if that IS profiling, they have no control over the terrorist plans you may've left behind.

Originally Posted by donniedarko
People who are immigrating to this country don't have the same constitutional as those who are here, what's so hard about this to grasp? Do you think they have more rights than an American flying from one state to another?
Americans traveling state-to-state are not, nor reliably able to be, checked for their religion.

Originally Posted by donniedarko
By working with the religious leaders from Christian and Yazidi communities to bring in refugees from other faiths? Just like a job, you may need to come with a reference. These are really elementary ideas, and I'm sure there's more complex screening.
We're talking about Muslims though, yes? What makes you think Muslims will cooperate with a plan that will limit their freedom?

You've bent the coin to a point of no return.

I'll discuss this with anyone else, I just can't with Omni

You've bent the coin to a point of no return.

I'll discuss this with anyone else, I just can't with Omni
I simply asked you how TSA would check peoples' religion. You still haven't answered.

I've not been unreasonable.

The TSA is not immigration services. This was an analogy to show to you that people immigrating into the US do not have the right of privacy during the immigration process. You started twisting it into 100s of irrelevant directions. Find me evidence that people immigrating have a right to privacy. I've been on one topic while you've jumped all over the place

The TSA is not immigration services. This was an analogy to show to you that people immigrating into the US do not have the right of privacy during the immigration process. You started twisting it into 100s of irrelevant directions. Find me evidence that people immigrating have a right to privacy. I've been on one topic while you've jumped all over the place
The topic was and always HAS been on determining peoples' religion. Your "right to privacy" was analogized to TSA which screens peoples' belongings between flights. The analogy does not imply a screening so intensive as to require agents to investigate migrants computers or read their "diary" as I said, even though they may contain clues to the owner's religion.

And even if it did, the analogy does not extend to the evidence that can be investigated in the immigrants' homeland.

The argument is this: If you implement a screening process that checks peoples' religion at the door, then they will be disinclined to incriminate themselves by carrying evidence. A wanted serial killer does not bring their victim and weapon of choice through security checkpoints, so why would Muslim, who knows that if they're found out they'll be denied entry, carry evidence to suggest their religion?

You can't visit every single immigrants' home and not every Muslim even HAS tangible evidence of their beliefs. They may even appear to be Muslim, but not. There are religious scholars who own Qurans, but may not be religious at all.

This screening analogy is flawed and so I ask you again, QUITE RELEVANTLY:

How would you screen immigrants for their religion?

I see what you're saying, but my counter argument would be trusted references for those in other religious communities.
I think needing proof (something like a letter from a reputable priest, rabbi, etc) to support a religious background would be reasonable, but what if an immigrant is not a member of any religious community? And if you only need proof if you claim to be religious, then I imagine a lot of people would just lie and say they're not. Then people would also have to start proving that they're not. Needing to prove that you're not a member of an organized religion might be difficult, if not impossible.

If I wanted to immigrate to the US I don't think I would be able to prove I have no religious affiliations, and going around to every church, temple, and mosque in the city to get their leaders to sign a form saying they don't know who I am just sounds exhausting. I imagine the immigration office wouldn't want to have to find that evidence (or lack of evidence) either, even if they only had to call. But I like your idea in theory.

Or did you mean just to use the records of churches, mosques, etc. (assuming the immigration office could get access to these things) to see if an immigrant was ever a member? That could work, but not all believers show up to Church. The German parishes did keep records of anyone who converted from Judaism, and the government used those records to find family members who had not converted, but I'm pretty sure that was only within Germany and did not extend to the records from other countries.

I know I keep going back to Germany, but that's only because the topic was already brought up and it's sort of an area of expertise for me haha.

Another shooting just happened. In FLORIDA again. In a nightclub, again.

2 dead, at least 14 others (or 16, maybe more) wounded. Fort Myers, Florida. Club Blu. Which looks like a straight club (meaning not gay) frequented by black people, judging by its Facebook page.