Paycheck

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Yoda
The plot does sound good for what I heard and seen I think I might go see it when it comes out.What is it rated?and when does it come out?
I been busy so I am not on a top of things that I am normanly am.So please excuse me for my absent minded brain today!
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Good review Yoda...

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
What is it rated?and when does it come out?

Rated PG-13
Released - Christmas Day

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Good review Yoda...

Rated PG-13
Released - Christmas Day
Thanks hey I like your avator what is it?
Did you see the movie!
See you around!JM

That's a really good review Yoda, though I still have no desire to see it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I saw Paycheck. It was interesting but not as good as I expected. The action scenes were not that well done. John Woo could have done better!

Slopescorcher

I saw Paycheck. It was interesting but not as good as I expected. The action scenes were not that well done. John Woo could have done better! You did a good job reviewing it Yoda.

Slopescorcher

It was beauty killed the beast.
Liked the review; didn't like the movie.

Hi
You know, I wouldn't ever have been able to tell that was a John Woo film without knowing it. The only hints were the dove and the mexican standoffs and they seemed more like he threw them in there because of tradition rather than adding anything.

I thought it was absolutely awful, terrible acting terrible direction, it was just a mess.

is there anything good to say about paycheck? not really. the inevitable car chase gets a twist with ben and uma on a bmw motorbike. for sure, it's better than watching carrie-anne moss manoeuvre through slow-moving traffic in the highway chase in matrix: reheated but the trailer for torque (the fast and the furious, only on motorbikes) blows ben-on-a-bike out of the water. and - of course - director john woo has done the bike thing before in mission: impossible ii. other woo-isms are ripped off, with the two mexican stand-offs ripped from too many of woo's previous movies for them to be in any way interesting, though i did like the gun the baddie had in one of them.

uma thurman looks like she's just coasting. maybe she was just doing this flick to piss ethan hawke off, i don't know. or maybe kill bill has just taken it all out of her and she was using this to recharge her batteries. certainly she looked like **** throughout, though to be fair, ben looked a bit worse, there being a strange hue to his skin tones, suggesting maybe he's been drinking too much sunny delight. ben's reason for doing it was probly something to do with his mate matt having done the memory loss thing in the bourne identity. which probly means we can expect to see ben in a sub-farrelly brothers comedy sometime in the very near future. unless gigli was already his attempt to do that.

it's hardly worth commenting on the fact that ben can't act for toffee, but his furrowed brow scenes really show how little toffee he can act for. scarily though, in one scene i coulda swore i saw ben trying to look like pierce brosnan, only that couldn't possibly be right, cause even as a clothes-horse, ben looks awful, the jacket of his suit sitting weirdly wrong on his shoulders. but, of course, he is jack ryan, the role alec baldwin threw away and harrison ford was too old to continue playing. so maybe ben does see himself in pierce's territory and the next thing you know, there'll be rumours of ben being the next 007. if you think the pierce thing is going to far then consider that some have even gone so far as to suggest that ben is meant to be riffing off cary grant in north by northwest, apparently hollywood's favourite film to homage. but he's no more cary grant than i am (i can't even do the accent, let alone approach the sophisticated looks).

paycheck's plot has more holes than a pair of fishnet stockings, ranging from questioning how many times ben must have looked into the future in order to be able to send himself an envelope enabling him to escape death each time, through to the non-existence of off-site backups meaning one likkle fire in the bond villain's headquarters can destroy all evidence of the project leaving the feds nothing to re-engineer it from. but suspension of disbelief being an essential viewing requirement for this film, i left mine swinging from the ceiling above me. for the most part, i ended up amusing myself waiting for woo's trademark slow-mo pigeon to put in an appearance and thankfully that was late enough in the film for me to be able to fill the remaining time checking the text messages on my phone.

interestingly, at the heart of the film lies a nuclear war started when a us president launches pre-emptive strikes against someone assumed to be about to become an evil-doer. the film suggests that, in pre-emptively reacting to a fearful future, we in fact engineer that very future. suggesting that while woo and his team of half-hearted hacks have no compunction in inflicting dross like this on multiplex audiences, they may have some form of a social conscience. or maybe the focus groups just added that bit in, what do i know about the machinations of the fun factory's machine.

what does it really tell us though? well, it tells us that when someone invents a machine that can see into the future, all it's really used for by the three people we see using it is to ego-surf their own future. oh, and ben uses it to check the winning lottery numbers. frankly, you can't get any more true to life than that.

Didn't see it.
I enjoyed Paycheck. I've seen better movies, but it was a good thriller.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by LoopDiLoop
interestingly, at the heart of the film lies a nuclear war started when a us president launches pre-emptive strikes against someone assumed to be about to become an evil-doer. the film suggests that, in pre-emptively reacting to a fearful future, we in fact engineer that very future. suggesting that while woo and his team of half-hearted hacks have no compunction in inflicting dross like this on multiplex audiences, they may have some form of a social conscience. or maybe the focus groups just added that bit in, what do i know about the machinations of the fun factory's machine.
I think this is another Philip K Dick conversion, and he covered similar ground in the "Minority Report" story. Guess whatever's good in the story-line shoulds be put down to him.

I was disappointed when i saw Ben Affleck was in a film that was liable to have a stab at high-brow ideas (we don't need his wrinkly brow getting in the way of that ). And I was suprrised that it was John Woo when i saw how shoddy the action looked in the trailer.

Ah well. Guess i'll catch it when it does the TV rounds.

Just recently ive watched truly it amaze me..

Sounds interesting.. but to think that he gave up $90 million that must be something.. I'll try to see if this movie is great.