The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I have a charter for some deep sea fishing tomorrow, so I’ll miss the reveal. Looking forward to then regardless!
happy fishing and good luck!

The trick is not minding
I actually wanted to marathon shark movies but they were afraid the kids would take it too seriously.
That and the women here aren’t too keen on it either. They freaked out over the crab that washed up into our canopy 😆

I actually wanted to marathon shark movies but they were afraid the kids would take it too seriously.
That and the women here aren’t too keen on it either. They freaked out over the crab that washed up into our canopy 😆
A giant crab??!!

3 Foreign?? I like that!
The anticipation just keeps a-growin
Ed after they are announced I will message you and @Citizen Rules my others I was going to pick from.

CR2 Aalready knows them. I was undecisive before going with my pick.

The trick is not minding
Ed after they are announced I will message you and @Citizen Rules my others I was going to pick from.

I’m interested as well. I’ve been watching a lot more foreign films lately.

CR2 already knows them. I was undecisive before going with my pick.
Cool, I like to know that they were. I made me a list of potential fantasy noms. I just counted and I had 25 on my short list. Some I hadn't seen though. I might end up using some of them in future HoFs.

Two of the nominations are from the same director.
I have a hunch who the director is.

I didn't have a long list to choose from. There were like three, maybe four films I was thinking. In the end, I decided to go with perhaps the most divisive of them (plus it had some extra value I actually mentioned to CR2 when I sent in my nom - we'll see if I even have to explain myself).

Oh, and I'm also interested in @MovieGal 's potential noms

me too

The trick is not minding
A few musing as I recover from horrendous sun burn:
I wanted to go with an older film as my nom, and one that *maybe* wasn’t seen by many. But outside of foreign films, which I confess I haven’t watched many when it comes to fantasy, I realized it was going to be hard to find one that was lesser known.
I knew right away I wasn’t going with Conan, LoTR trilogy, The Hobbit Trilogy or the Harry Potter series. Nothing against those, as I actually enjoyed many of them, but I wanted to step outside of the box so to speak. There were a few I looked at but was confident someone would nominate them. Hoping I’m correct in that assumption.
I’m really excited about the foreign films that might be nominated as a result.

...Conan, LoTR trilogy, The Hobbit Trilogy or the Harry Potter series...
I've never seen a single Harry Potter movie or Hobbit movie. I did see the original Conan The Barbarian at the theater...and I seen the first 2 LoTR, but hated the second one so I never watched the third one.

There were a few I looked at but was confident someone would nominate them. Hoping I’m correct in that assumption.
I don't know what the other films you considered were, so I can't hint at whether you'll be pleasantly surprised, or horribly disappointed.

The trick is not minding
I've never seen a single Harry Potter movie or Hobbit movie. I did see the original Conan The Barbarian at the theater...and I seen the first 2 LoTR, but hated the second one so I never watched the third one.
Harry Potter is worth watching. It gets better as the series nears its end, as it gets much darker.
The Hobbit Trilogy as not very good.
Really enjoyed the LoTR trilogy as a whole but agree the second one is the weakest of the 3. That really isn’t a slight though.
I’ll go ahead and state what I almost nominated as I don’t think it will give anything away, but I almost went with Jason and The Argonauts, Clash of the Titans (original), and Krull. Decided against them.
Also, there is a fantasy film for the life of me I can’t recall but it involved the heroes fighting a 3 headed hound very obviously based off of Cerberus around some stone building.
Help? 😑

I have a hunch who the director is.

I didn't have a long list to choose from. There were like three, maybe four films I was thinking. In the end, I decided to go with perhaps the most divisive of them (plus it had some extra value I actually mentioned to CR2 when I sent in my nom - we'll see if I even have to explain myself).

Oh, and I'm also interested in @MovieGal 's potential noms
@pahaK

You are never interested in my movie taste. Even when they are from your home country.

Lol

@ahwell

You got it. I will send.

I’m interested as well. I’ve been watching a lot more foreign films lately.
Sure thing.

Group message huh?

Wow kinda shocked.

Not many new comers at the forum know I'm not as Art house savvy aa arthous
savvy as @Mr Minio but pretty close.

The trick is not minding
Sure thing.

Group message huh?

Wow kinda shocked.

Not many new comers at the forum know I'm not as Althouse savvy as @Mr Minio but pretty close.
I don’t think anyone is Haha. Zotis may be close.

@pahaK

You are never interested in my movie taste. Even when they are from your home country.

Lol
Hah, you certainly like the Finnish cinema more than I do. Other than that, many of your past recommendations have good (I haven't necessarily liked them always, but they've been the kind of movies that have a high potential for me).