What is your favorite Martial Arts film? Favorite actors?

Tools    

DonJuan de la Nooch
I can't say I have only one favorite. I like Fists of Fury (The Big Boss) with Bruce Lee. Gorgeous from my all time favorite actor Jackie Chan, and Supercop (Police Story 3).

Bruce Lee - Enter the Dragon and Fists of Fury

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally posted by Brasco
Gorgeous from my all time favorite actor Jackie Chan,
You and Naisy ought to get along very well.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance
I'm not very into marital art movies, but when when I was younger me and my friends used to watch Kickboxer and Bloodsport with Jean Claude van Damme over and over.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

You and Naisy ought to get along very well.
Dont tell me you take notice of my posts im Touched

Well you add any Jackie Chan movie and I've enjoyed it, I cant recall ever seeing one of his movies that wasnt so fun for me to watch.

A Fistful of Yen - as seen in The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

DonJuan de la Nooch
Kentucky Fried Movie was hilarious. You have our gratitude.......

I loved "BloodSport" and "KickBoxer" so much, my opinion is you have to see these great movies, I mean look at my user name and signature for god sake!

These movies are great, you dont have some skinny chinese kung-fu guy, you have Jean Claude Van-Damme displaying great skill and muscualr shape.

HIGHLY recommended.

Originally posted by BloodSport
I loved "BloodSport" and "KickBoxer" so much, my opinion is you have to see these great movies, I mean look at my user name and signature for god sake!

These movies are great, you dont have some skinny chinese kung-fu guy, you have Jean Claude Van-Damme displaying great skill and muscualr shape.

HIGHLY recommended.
Not you again! Oh well nice to see such passion.

Favourite films & some actors I rank- Bruce of course is best.:

Kenji Mishima's LONE CUB & WOLF- SWORD OF VENGANCE SERIES- BABY CART FILMS-starring Tomisaburo Wakayama who is superb in the whole series.

Tsui Hark's THE BLADE- (Not the one with Wesley Snipes but directed by Tsui Hark who is a master of the genre)

Akira Kurosawa's SEVEN SAMURAI (All Toshiro Mifune & Kurosawa films should be seen at all costs)

ENTER THE DRAGON (Any Bruce Lee Film is cool)

FIST OF LEGEND( All Jet Li's Hong Kong films are worth watching but his US films are unwatchable)

DRUNKEN MASTER (As with all our other heroes most all of Jackie Chans Hong Kong films are superb unfortuanetly his US ones are sub par.)

I also enjoyed CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON alot...In that tradition STORMRIDERS and A MAN CALLED HERO are also superb visual action with a a story...........The new movie HERO also sounds very promising

kung pow!

best ever, lol

Good call "Piddzilla" Jim Jaramusch's GHOST DOG: WAY OF THE SAMURAI is a highly unique and original film about the commitment to a a warrior's way of life. Definetly belongs.

Yeah, and I really love the score by RZA who is a well known martial art film fan. Real cool sampling from old kung fu movies.

I wonder what Tarantino's Kill Bill will be like.

is ghost dog a remake of an old movie? really liked the score as well piddzilla. forest whiaker is a talented guy, im always feeling sorry for him in his films though.

Ghost Dog is written by Jarmusch so, no, I don't think it's a remake.

That tired eye gives Whitaker the look of an nice old dog and it's pretty hard not to feel sympathy for him. And he is also very talented.

RZA has done the music for Kill Bill as well.

brilliant, cant wait to see how tarantino implements it into the movie, hopefully the score will be as good as previous movies.

Must admit im looking forward to KILL BILL, the whole thing looks like a tribute to the Hong Kong Kung Fu films of the 70's....

If you want to try a few unique and eccentric takes on the martial arts genre by the US check out:

Sydney Pollock's THE YAKUZA
John Frankenheimer's THE CHALLENGE
Terence Young's RED SUN
Paul Schrader's MISHIMA: A LIFE IN 4 CHAPTERS

All these interesting films are directed by talented directors with individual visions of action and violence through the thoughtful warriors eyes.

PS- Bit of Trivia- Did you know the first US Film to feature martial Arts was John Frankenheimer's THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE. And it's Frank Sinatra who gets to use it.

Jackie Chan, Legend of the Druken Master.