Films You Love, But Everyone Else Hates

Tools    

I want to know what films you really like or Love, yet everyone around you hates. And i mean general opinion of critics and film fans.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I really like Hulk, as some other MoFos do, but the critics BASHED this one.

I also liked Transformers 2, The Beach, The Godfather Part III & Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

I second Ang Lee's Hulk. I love that movie.

I also am quite fond of Speed Racer.

There are several Brian DePalma films that I'm sure qualify. I love The Black Dahlia. Like both Mission to Mars (probably not well-known enough to be universally hated) and Bonfire of the Vanties (probably derided even more than Hulk).

I also like Ishtar and Sharkboy and Lavagirl (which I saw in 3-D with a few friends and we literally had the theater all to ourselves).

i like Face Off... everyone thinks it's silly but oh well, i like the silliness

I really like Hulk, as some other MoFos do, but the critics BASHED this one.

I also liked Transformers 2, The Beach, The Godfather Part III & Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

I hate Hulk.

The Beach is one of my favorite films of all time, so I'm with you on that one.

Pearl Harbor

Paul Blart: Mall Cop is my biggest one.

I could also say:
Hulk
The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Spawn
The Fantastic Four movies
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Speed Racer wasn't bad either. There's lots more, I'm sure.

Godfather Part III i think is generally well liked now, although people say it doesn't hold up to the first two for which i also agree.

Star Wars Episode I i like, and no angry Star Wars nerd will change that. **** logic, its Star Wars. Indy 4 is one i also didn't mind. Why do people hate Indy 4 i don't know ?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Star Wars Episode 1, definitely. Also Popeye, Howard the Duck, Superman 3 (Richard Pryor is in it! ), MacGruber, and Batman and Robin. Some fun stuff there.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Wow, a lot of love for Hulk. ^_^ I rewatched it a few months ago after seeing it the first time when it came out, and I must agree that it is a fascinating film in dire need of a reassessment---especially in light of its godawful Norton reboot.

And yeah, I've never really understood the cool critical response to Mission to Mars either. It is a very singular alien film in my opinion. The final act is extremely elegant.

superman 3 and4
batman forever
batman androbion
catwomen
dragon ball evloution
frquency
power ranger moive

I'm not old, you're just 12.
MacGruber NO WAY! That film as many other SNL films are in my eyes awful, except Blues Brothers.
Well, you're just proving my point. A lot of people hate the film, but I loved it. I laughed so hard at that I missed a lot of dialogue.

Jumper????

And yeah, I've never really understood the cool critical response to Mission to Mars either. It is a very singular alien film in my opinion. The final act is extremely elegant.
I used to rent that and Red Planet all the time when I was a little tyke

crank 2, death race, transformers, she devil, heartbreakers...and ths one is split 50/50..number 23

WHICH 'Superman'? I think the first one is almost universally loved, but the sequels were progressively hated upon more and more with each release.