Let the Right One In

→ in
Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
WARNING: "let the right one in" spoilers below
I for one thought the shot of the feet dragging across the pool and the head falling in was one of the coolest looking things ever or maybe i'm just morbid=\ but yeah i thought it was a great movie and i really enjoyed the ending and would love to learn more about Eli's past

So what does everyone really think is the best vampire movie ever?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's available on Netflix Instant Viewing if anyone's interested. I'm going to give it a look see later on, due to the word of mouth it's getting here.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

WARNING: "let the right one in" spoilers below
I for one thought the shot of the feet dragging across the pool and the head falling in was one of the coolest looking things ever or maybe i'm just morbid=\ but yeah i thought it was a great movie and i really enjoyed the ending and would love to learn more about Eli's past

So what does everyone really think is the best vampire movie ever?
I loved the film. Foremost the scene described in this post./\/\/\

Well, I'm not going to call it the best vampire movie ever. That's ridiculous
The vampire category doesn't have as much films that stand out among great cinematic achievements as people may think. One of the posts above pretty accurately states that "most vampire movies suck." I don't think calling Let the Right One In the best vampire film ever made is a ridiculous statement at all. I personally consider the film on a par with Browning's Dracula and Murnau's Nosferatu, which are my other two top contenders for best vamp flick.

My favorite (not best) vampire films:
1. Dracula 1931
2. Let the Right One In
3. Near Dark
4. Bram Stoker's Dracula
5. Horror of Dracula 1958

Best vampire film for me is absolutely Nosferatu. I'm very fond, for childhood nostalgia reasons, of Dracula- the Hammer House of Horror production featuring Christopher Lee as Dracula and Peter Cushing as the doctor. I also like Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula as well as Salem's Lot , the Stephen King adaptation starring David Soul.

Don't like Anne Rice's vampire books, I know they're popular but they're badly written and I don't like the gothic posturing type of vampire much.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The vampire movies I give the highest ratings to are Fright Night, Near Dark, Let the Right One In, The Lost Boys, Interview with the Vampire, Blade II, The Fearless Vampire Killers, Shadow of the Vampire, etc. There are several older vampire films worth watching. Yes, I even recommend you watch one of the most-boring vampire flicks, Lugosi's Dracula, but I much prefer Lugosi and Tod Browning tweaking their vampire opus in Mark of the Vampire (the ending has to be seen to be believed). Probably the coolest movie with "vampire" in the title is Planet of the Vampires, although there are no vampires and it influenced Alien even more than It! The Terror Beyond Space. There's much more to add, but why don't you add it?

Yeah Interview is definitely my favorite vampire movie, i think it takes a realistic stance of the emotional hardships of actually living for eternity and the search for companionship to make it more bearable.

And could you elaborate on the badly written part a bit more? I didn't get that at all after reading them =\ hence rice1245

I think From Dusk Till Dawn is my fave vampire movie.

I also like Monster Squad, Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein, Nosferatu, Shadow of a Vampire, Let the Right One In, and all the shizzlemajizzle Hammer Films did.

Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein
Ah crap. I didn't think of that. Well, that would be my favorite vampire film ever made, had I thought of it at the time. I most likely forgot about it because the central plot of the film is not solely about (a) vampire(s).

I would say Interview With The Vampire though i haven't seen loads of vampire films.

And could you elaborate on the badly written part a bit more? I didn't get that at all after reading them =\ hence rice1245
Anne Rice is a very popular author and there's no getting away from that, but her prose style is over descriptive, overwrought and melodramatic. When I read one of her books I was just longing for her to strip away a lot of the padding and get on with it. I'm aware that she has thousands of fans, just the same as Dan Brown has and he's a terrible writer. Sorry, just my opinion

I also like Monster Squad
I want to say that I used to watch this a lot, as a kid, but can't remember if this is the same movie. Is there a scene where one kid is telling another to kid the werewolf in the nads? If so, I need to add this to my Netflix queue right away.

I want to say that I used to watch this a lot, as a kid, but can't remember if this is the same movie. Is there a scene where one kid is telling another to kid the werewolf in the nads? If so, I need to add this to my Netflix queue right away.
"Wolfman's got nards!"

Yes.

"Wolfman's got nards!"

Yes.
HA! My sister and I would watch that at my aunt's house all the time, but I couldn't remember what the title was and that was roughly 15-20 years ago. Boy, am I getting old.

Anne Rice is a very popular author and there's no getting away from that, but her prose style is over descriptive, overwrought and melodramatic. When I read one of her books I was just longing for her to strip away a lot of the padding and get on with it. I'm aware that she has thousands of fans, just the same as Dan Brown has and he's a terrible writer. Sorry, just my opinion
Well i agree that it is very descriptive and melodramatic but that doesn't necessarily mean that she's a bad writer, she's just not your style haha. Just look at Tolkein, he'd go on for pages and pages just describing things and he certainly is not a bad writer. You probably like Hemingway a lot then right? He got straight down to it, barely any descriptive writing.

I don't mind descriptive writing at all but if it's going to be done on a large scale then I like it to be well written and I just don't think that she does it well. Thomas Hardy has a lot of descriptive writing and his books are wonderful. About Tolkein, couldn't finish Lord of The Rings, bored me into sleep night after night.
Anyway, we'll have to agree to differ

Haha yeah i loved Lord of the Rings, our reading palletes (?) just differ

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I love Interview With the Vampire but find the sequels after Queen of the Damned increasingly poor and badly written. I thought Interview With the Vampire was a very good film, although I prefer the book. I have yet to see an adaptation of Dracula that I really like.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'd probably list Near Dark as my favorite, but I also enjoyed The Hunger, Fright Night, The Addiction, From Dusk till Dawn, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and The Lost Boys as well as others I am probably forgetting here.