Anyone for a Serenity Sequel/Prequel?

Tools    

Anyone who has seen it will agree that Serenity is a great show and is well deserving of a sequel or even a prequel.

As anyone who has seen Serenity will know, Serenity is a film about Joss Whedon’s fantastically brilliant series Firefly. For anyone who hasn’t seen Firefly, I advise you to get a copy of the complete season on DVD because it is the beat series I have ever watched, and I mean that. Myself and my wife are currently watching the box set for the third time in two months, It just never gets old and you never stop laughing!

But because it is very unlikely that we will get a season2 I would very much like to see a Serenity sequel. Anyone with me?

My girlfriend and I are hugemongous fans of the show and the film, and would probably faint simultaneously if Whedon ever continued the series in either format.

I think there's a chance, but prolly not for awhile. Which, needless to say, pains me greatly.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to make the font in your post a normal size.

This is one of those series/films that screams for more. I think it will be back, but as Yoda states it is most likely going to be a few years.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yes. Please. Well, preferably a new series, but failing that, a film sequel. But not a prequel, Serenity picks up pretty much from where Firefly left off, and we know quite a lot of the back story all ready. I want to know what happens next.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Joss Whedon is continuing it as a comic book series, starting this wednesday. I know, "ugh, comics," but it's Joss Whedon. His current continuation of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in comics form is as good as the show was, with all the characterization and action that the show had every week, so I have no doubt Serenity will be great as well.

A system of cells interlinked
I will probably pick that up, Monkey. I like Whedon's run on Astonishing X-men well enough.

Sometimes I want it so bad it feels like someone has just pounded my heart with a frozen sledgehammer while my parents forcibly emancipate me via e-mail. In italics.

The first Serenity comic was abridge between Firefly and the feature, and the new "Better Days" is a prequel. While I want to read both, it won't be a continuation for me.

However there are events and such to support the franchise that might help to speed the process along, such as Serenity Day 2008 (planned for August) and Universal is running a Firefly message board that seems pretty shiny.

Gorram Fox with their tien shuh duh moneymaking schemes . . . .

That’s right Mr. Best, and here is the link to that forum, and please contribute as they are apparently using the forum to gauge interest in a new film!
http://boards.nbcuni.com/universalHD/index.php?showforum=4

Also the DVD event being planned for August can be found here,
http://serenityday2008.com/

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hate to be the bad guy here, but I doubt we will ever see another movie or it back as a TV show. It failed to get an audience for both media formats. Sure it has a dedicated fanbase, I consider myself a browncoat as well, but it won't be back.

I can see it as a comic, which is how Whedon is continuing Buffyverse. Will it work, I don't know. I'd love to see another movie sure, but highly doubt it will happen. Afterall, the industry IS a business and if something fails to grab money then chances of seeing a sequel are next to nothing.

Suspect's Reviews

Haven't heard of this movie yet, but I think it was an interesting movie.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
I would love to see the show get picked up for a 2nd season. Joss Whedon has said that he doesnt see it ever happening but it would be great. As for a sequal to Serenity, I dont know how it would work. The Movie pretty much was a way to cap of the series in itelf. Plus, with a new season or the sequal I would almost be sad to see what happens with important cast memebers being killed off in the movie. Who knows though right. No one though Dead Like Me would be back and the movie will be out shortly.

Maybe I can pretend my son is dying of some rare disease and call up the make a wish foundation and have them make it happen... That and a return of Gumble and Gumble would be incredible!!!

(For those of you who don't know this is funny because the show that this is from was brought back on the air after it was dropped because of the fan support it received...)

(It is called IRONY for those of you who don't have a sense of humor)

Now that was funny BEFORE you explained it, but now it's like a lady with too much makeup, she's either a clown or a lady of the night.

Or...BOTH! Methinks a new movie idea mehaves!

I know I was being sarcastic because every other time I have left messages on this board I would have to come back and explain myself later... SO I figured this time I would ruin a good funny post before someone else did...

Damn it I just realized I had to explain my post anyway... Maybe it is me... I will just stop posting and just read from now on...

Aaaaw don't do that! You can be the lovable sadsack who says stuff and then has to be all

"Aw geez . . . .I meant-"

And we can be all like "That's our nykmgr" and then the jingle can play while the credits roll really fast over the last frame.

I can have my own theme music? That would be great!!!
Until I am on a bus a piss off some big guy but I could probably wish my way out of it somehow...