another waste of talent

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i just found out that a young man of amazing talent has passeddying away. yet another example of a wasted talent at a young age of 25. his name was brad renfro and he starred in the client and bully. he was also from chattanoga,tn. here's the article:http://www.people.com/people/article...171939,00.html but if you have never seen any of his flims, it will show what a sad day. reminds me of river phoenix.... just begs the question of why?

Aye boy don't spit in my drink!
Yeah, I heard about this earlier. I thought he was pretty good as far as child actors go. I loved him in Tom and Huck when I was younger and I still enjoy his performance in The Client. Sucks.

Lets put a smile on that block
Heres a snippet from the Guardian...

Originally Posted by Guardian Unlimited
Troubled Renfro found dead at LA home

Wednesday January 16, 2008
Guardian Unlimited

Brad Renfro, the former child star whose later career was hampered by drug and alcohol problems, has been found dead at his Los Angeles home. He was 25.
According to reports, Renfro's body was discovered at 9am yesterday. The cause of death has yet to be determined, although the actor is believed to have been out drinking with friends the night before his death. "He was working hard on his sobriety," Renfro's lawyer Richard Kaplan said yesterday. "He was doing well. He was a nice person."

Article continues

Raised by his grandmother in Knoxville, Tennessee, Renfro was plucked from obscurity at the age of 12 to star alongside Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones in the 1994 blockbuster The Client, based on the bestseller by John Grisham. The following year he won the Hollywood Reporter's "young star" award.
Renfro went on to enjoy a fitfully successful acting career with a starring role in Bryan Singer's Apt Pupil and supporting turns in the likes of Sleepers, Bully and Ghost World. He recently completed work on the Bret Easton Ellis adaptation The Informers, in which he stars alongside Winona Ryder and Tommy Lee Jones.

But Renfro's career was often overshadowed by his off-screen trials. In May 2006 he served 10 days in jail after attempting to buy heroin from an undercover police officer in LA's Skid Row area. More recently, Renfro claimed he was making efforts to stay clean. "I'm tired of paying the consequences," he said.

Every time I read something like this, I keep thinking, how many will it take before the others wake up... but they just keep adding up.... So sad... he was a very good actor and much too young...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yeah I remember that kid in The Client...too bad he passed away but still he will be remembered because of his great contribution in the movie industry...

BANNED
That was very sad news... my condolence to his family... he is a big lost for the entertainment field.

Yeah it was really a big lost, just like Heath Ledger.. =(

i just found out that a young man of amazing talent has passeddying away. yet another example of a wasted talent at a young age of 25. his name was brad renfro and he starred in the client and bully. he was also from chattanoga,tn. here's the article:http://www.people.com/people/article...171939,00.html but if you have never seen any of his flims, it will show what a sad day. reminds me of river phoenix.... just begs the question of why?
A quote from the article you posted: "Drug overdose is a 'possibility considering his history, but right now all we have is the history of his drinking the previous night' . . . "

Seems to suggest an answer as to why. Abuse of drugs, including alcohol, is like playing Russian roulette--sooner or later a fatal number is bound to turn up. Might as well say, "Died of self-inflicted wounds."