That First Kiss

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Howdy guys and gals. As some of you know I've finally found a girl and she's just great. We've been laughing, holding hands, etc etc for about a week now but, I can't seem to gather my courage to kiss her. So I thought I'd ask 3 very simple questions to help direct me in the right direction.

First, when was your first kiss? Second, how long had you been serious with this person? Finally, was it too soon, too late, or just right?

Thanks guys.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
No worries, man. I once hit my head on a car door swooping in for a first kiss. Pro.

My first kiss was I guess age 17 (late bloomer, these days) on our second date. It was just right, considering that kiss brought on a relationship that is still going on 3 years later.

Good luck.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
ive always been the type of person that doesn't worry about the trifles of a first move. if i am with there with someone that i know is into me and there is positive chemistry there i will only wait a little bit before i go ahead and make the first move myself. but i think its different with guys because you have to worry how the female will act, cause some females are anal about "the first kiss" and such. i don't have to worry about that. most guys won't turn down a kiss!

good luck...you'll know when the time is right, and don't hesitate!

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
ive always been the type of person that doesn't worry about the trifles of a first move. if i am with there with someone that i know is into me and there is positive chemistry there i will only wait a little bit before i go ahead and make the first move myself. but i think its different with guys because you have to worry how the female will act, cause some females are anal about "the first kiss" and such. i don't have to worry about that. most guys won't turn down a kiss!

good luck...you'll know when the time is right, and don't hesitate!
hmm yeah.

I'd say, John, don't worry too much. You'll only pressure yourself and make it a bigger deal in your mind. I was 14 and she was called Kirsty heh

I remember the first girl I kissed.

Mary Beth Johnson, a cute little red-head in pigtails. I think she was fifteen. No, fourteen. We were on a date, sitting in the back row of the movie theater. Crap, now which movie was it?

Oh yeah, it was March of the Penguins.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I remember the first girl I kissed.

Mary Beth Johnson, a cute little red-head in pigtails. I think she was fifteen. No, fourteen. We were on a date, sitting in the back row of the movie theater. Crap, now which movie was it?

Oh yeah, it was March of the Penguins.

At least the only bird with the cold shoulder was on-screen.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
... some females are anal about "the first kiss"

My first kiss...
Well, there was a game of kissing-tag, in which Timmy Licause caught me. I don't think I ever paid enough attention to him. He was a nice kid, but about 3" shorter than me already. Fast, though... the guy should've run track.

First real kiss on a sort of date though, that was age 17. I'd wanted to go out with G for months, and finally my friend Nancy invited me to a basketball game.. and her brother invited G and we all went together, and then dancing after. He kissed me on the dance floor.

The smart money is on not forcing the moment. Let it happen, don't try to make it happen.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
it's the future

Female assassin extraordinaire.
age 21, with an older brit who fancied himself special (he was a digital tech journalist for Time online). i'd had a peck back at age 19 or something but i don't count that.

this one involved tongue, his goatee, a public bench on stanford campus at 9 pm or so. it was drizzling.

i didn't actually like him much, i was after the experience (it was mutual). i think it started with a lot of teasing and there was a lot of lead up (we met online). then he did it to me, me being the female, and it was pretty awesome (although, i remind you, he himself was not).

i'd advise, like others say, don't plan the time, the moment, the way you'll plant it on her, how you'll touch her, etc.

i'd say, as the male that you swoop in and get her on impulse only. it doesn't have to be a swoop, it can be a gentle thing. girls do think a lot of a first kiss but it's honestly only in retrospect. she'll look back and be like, oh that was when he lost it and planted it on me and yay! it was good.

we will remember if you muck it up, that's what you're really fearing. but if you managed to get this far with her, follow whatever got you dating her in the first place. you didn't muck that up. and it honestly takes a lot to muck it up if she likes you.

if you're honest with what your mouth wants and what her mouth tells you, it'll end up good, however you start it. hee.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Sleezy
My first kiss was with a married woman.

Long story.

(And no, it wasn't my mother. I'm from Kentucky, I know, but jeezus...)
Wow. I think we'd all like to hear how that happened if you ever feel up to telling...

Think my first kiss was 15-ish. I went out with a girl before for a bet and didn't really want to kiss her so i was a little nervous about my proper first kiss with the second girl. It happened when we were alone on a park bench and she was sat on my lap and we just found ourselves kissing, perfectly natural, there was no prompts or awkwardness. Just let it happen naturally, and if it's going to to, it will. (It doesn't count if she's asleep btw).

After that, you'll have the confidence to pull random girls at parties, which is a lot more fun and challenging. Just make sure they ain't ugly.

Anyway, once the kiss is out the way, you're the next step closer to getting some sex, which is always nice. Get in.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Iroquois
Never.

There is no greater solitude than that of the samurai, unless it is that of the tiger in the jungle...
...and your lion sleeps tonight

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oweeeeeeee .... eeeee ... eeee .... umum-awayyyyyyy

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by thmilin
oweeeeeeee .... eeeee ... eeee .... umum-awayyyyyyy
Sweet... that was smooove!

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Wow. I think we'd all like to hear how that happened if you ever feel up to telling...
Reader's Digest version:

I met her in college two years ago (I'm an extremely late bloomer, I guess). She was married, but we instantly clicked. I've come to believe that she is the female version of me, but I can't help but wonder if maybe that was just one problem of many. Anyway, she was having marriage problems with her husband, and I became the "counselor" (mistake #1). Blah, blah, blah...she got attached to me, and I got attached to her. By the time we started to really get close, though, she had left her husband. The first kiss, however, was before she did that (mistake #2).

We "dated" (in a very abstract sense of the word) for several months before she lost interest. I've been over it a thousand times in my head, wondering where it went wrong and what made it fail, and I think it was over at "hello." It might have worked under different circumstances (at least, I'd like to think so), but that's beside the point. It didn't work, and neither did trying to be friends afterward. We broke up one month, and the next month she was secretly telling my best friend that she had feelings for him. I can't really describe how that made me feel, and for how long, but I went to several months worth of counseling for it.

Suffice it to say, it was a train wreck of a first relationship; and some days, I wish I could go back and make it like it never happened. Sure, I learned some valuable lessons to apply in the future, but it's given me alot of regrets, and it has really made me gunshy about being open with anyone anymore. She's a cool person, and I'll love her forever (it never goes away), but she's got issues. I don't talk to her anymore. She's happy with some new guy, and they're doing well. It's probably best that we never see each other again.

And yes, that was the Reader's Digest version.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by thmilin
we will remember if you muck it up, that's what you're really fearing. but if you managed to get this far with her, follow whatever got you dating her in the first place. you didn't muck that up. and it honestly takes a lot to muck it up if she likes you.

if you're honest with what your mouth wants and what her mouth tells you, it'll end up good, however you start it. hee.
Oh yah, I forgot to mention that my first kiss was the most rediculous first kiss in the history of time. My jaw unhinged and I swallowed her face. Three years later and still strong, so clearly a painfully amateur first kiss isn't that bad. (at least at that age)

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by OG-
My jaw unhinged and I swallowed her face.
That's a pretty impressive mental image. It must have been one helluva kiss. Like getting kissed by a crocodile or something...