The Other Boleyn Girl

→ in
Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I watched The Other Boleyn Girl the other day.

Confession: The beautiful green dress really got to me on the poster. LOL It's true that drew me in.

The movie was mostly interesting because I was watching Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman. Pretty girls are sort of fun to watch.

I already knew the story so the only other thing that was interesting was to see what they would do with it, and how far off they'd be on it.

Scarlett Johansson is a horrible actress, and she insists upon herself. But yes. She is stunningly beautiful.

Natalie is also beautiful. She held her own, I guess.

Scarlett Johansson is definitely not a horrible actress.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Good acting. The script was the only one in error in my opinion, though it wasn't all bad.

The beautiful costumes and big names attracted me to the movie. Plus I had already read the book too.

Disappointingly, the movie is not good. Its pretty to look at...with all the lavish costumes, sets and beautiful people, but the script was weak and the acting wasn't all that great.

...Disappointingly, the movie is not good. Its pretty to look at...with all the lavish costumes, sets and beautiful people, but the script was weak and the acting wasn't all that great.
Yeah, basically, if you like The Tudors, then this is probably the film for you.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yeah, basically, if you like The Tudors, then this is probably the film for you.
I disagree. The Tudors is so ridiculous it's quite funny, with some brilliantly hammy turns from some good actors (Peter O'Toole as the Pope, for example). I found the first series quite entertaining, and it does at least attempt to show the political and religious intrigue, however inaccurate it gets. The Other Boleyn Girl, on the other hand, was just dull.

this is quite good movie .. especially .. Scarllet and Natallie they r soooo great .....

It's been a while since I've seen it but I really did not like this movie at all. Seemed like the kind of drama that is endless and gets back to where it is started. The whole movie had the same plot and theme, it seemed like.

It's been a while since I've seen this too... but I wasn't that impressed with it... Bana was just blah to me... I've been going to pick up Anne of the Thousand Days and compare them but keep forgetting to...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

HARDCAST OVERLORD
I thought this movie was just OK. It just felt like the movie was missing something and I didn't like Bana's performance. I agree that Scarlet is really something though.

Happy New Year from Philly!
It's been a while since I've seen this too... but I wasn't that impressed with it... Bana was just blah to me... I've been going to pick up Anne of the Thousand Days and compare them but keep forgetting to...
There is no comparison. Anne of the Thousand Days is far superior to The Other Boleyn girl. Enjoy! Burton and Bujold are wonderful. Especially Bujold.

A Man for All Seasons is another excellent movie about this subject of Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII. It stars Paul Scofield as Sir Thomas More, who stood up against Henry divorcing his first wife in order to marry Anne.