Mel Gibson's Apocalypto

Tools    

Check out the trailer here: Apocalypto Trailer

Nice, but it could use a little more jesus.

Interesting trailer, in a kind of weird sort of way! I take it that this is Mel Gibson's take on the downfall of the Aztec civilization/empire, as a metaphorical/allegorical commentary on the state of modern civilization? I have to hand it to Mel, though--he's not afraid to make controversial movies, especially now that he has made enough from the Passion of the Christ to last him several lifetimes! I think it will make interesting viewing, and I have to congratulate Mel Gibson on his film-making courage!

well the film may not have too much dialogue true but Mel Gibson promised to be something with more action then words.well i just expect really something good from him. just waiting with all eagerness the movie.righto.

"I've seen "South Park"'s "The Passion of the Jew" fifty-nine times!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I have a strange feeling that this movie will fail with the critics and box office.

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by Holden Pike

Funny, funny, I have to admit!

The Adventure Starts Here!

I think the costuming department has to keep working with that guy on the left....

Mel is a great actor he really looks like a washed up spaced out ex, alcoholic madman

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Mel Gibson is surrounded by "YES" men.

They said he was down a 'spider hole,' but apparently, Saddam Hussein was just busy filming his first feature.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I quite fancy it, I'm fascinated by ancient cultures.
It'll be popular in Scotland as Mel has an iconic status after the historically inacurate Braveheart, still nothing wrong with raising some national pride once in a while, as I sit here with my blue face paint on, cheering on Paraguay against the evil hordes of England!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
I quite fancy it, I'm fascinated by ancient cultures.
Ditto...

.... as I sit here with my blue face paint on, cheering on Paraguay against the evil hordes of England!

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bump...this should have been bumped a while ago, since the movie is coming up so soon and there is already a more complete trailer that has been on the internet for a couple of weeks. I think that this trailer really gives a great picture of what the movie is about! I am really excited to see it!!

I'm quite interested in Apocalypto. Gibson's proven himself to be, if nothing else, a very technically skilled director, and the film looks awfully ambitious.

I like that in this film, as well as in The Passion of the Christ, Gibson seems to have chosen actors who, for the most part, don't look much like actors. I find that refreshing. Ditto for the now repeated use of archaic languages. I wonder if those will become a staple of Gibson's films in the same way exaggerated dialects and accents seem to be for Joel and Ethan Coen.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I think this looks potentially fascinating, but am afraid it's going to be another violence-fest. That's the early buzz I've heard, and while I'm sure ancient cultures had plenty of violence, it's not so great as a central theme, IMO.

hmm..never actually heard of this film but the poster looks awesome...more power to him for filming in original languages instead of having ancient native americans speaking the language of their opressors....