The Guitar Guild

Tools    

dude.
that's gorgeous. love that delay between the note 00:28 and its resolve at around 38/39. around 00:33/34 i was literally starting to tremor, NEEDING that note resolution to close its open door. then it hits about 00:38 and such relief washed over me.

that's pretty powerful. i love that it doesn't land until when it does---about a beat or two after i would expect. subtle, but great.
Thanks very much! Very much appreciated - It hasn't been mixed or anything (don't really know what I'm doing on that front), and piano is too high but it's a decent start and so much fun.

If anybody uses a DAW and needs some recommendations which plugins to use to make their guitars sound like a full blown synth in a wind tunnel - hit me up!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don't think I've touched music in months. Even then, it was probably just noodling on the guitar. I really hate my lack of motivation and lazy approach to most anything creative. but that sounded great. i had a crash course in mixing for a project a bit over a year ago. good luck that lol.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Here's an extract of a piece of score music I've been asked to do for a very independent short film. It's the first piece of score music I've ever written! There are guitar chords in the background, lots of guitar reverb and lots of e-bow (amongst the piano and strings)

https://voca.ro/15g5nxjVnlPX
Sounds very touching. You have a great talent.

I don't think I've touched music in months. Even then, it was probably just noodling on the guitar. I really hate my lack of motivation and lazy approach to most anything creative. but that sounded great. i had a crash course in mixing for a project a bit over a year ago. good luck that lol.
I have phases of not wanting to play or listen to music. Then I get a real buzz when I return to it.

Thanks alot! You have nice guitars!
Unfortunately I'm maxed out now. Only managed to fit my new strat in as I traded in some unwanted stuff. Need to concentrate more on playing rather than buying gear.

You ready? You look ready.
Unfortunately I'm maxed out now. Only managed to fit my new strat in as I traded in some unwanted stuff. Need to concentrate more on playing rather than buying gear.
I feel this. I already want to buy another guitar.

I better buy it before the cost of everything goes up again. I just bought several cables before my local dealer jacked up the price on them. Saved quite a bit and will be ready when one shorts out on a holiday or something.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I feel this. I already want to buy another guitar.

I better buy it before the cost of everything goes up again. I just bought several cables before my local dealer jacked up the price on them. Saved quite a bit and will be ready when one shorts out on a holiday or something.
Yes the addiction of buying guitars can become a bad obsession. I’ve certainly suffered over the past 4 years.

Shop has a 1977 Martin D-35

Thoughts?

@ynwtf @Sedai

Depends on price, if it's been modded, has original case, straight neck, damage.

That said, you can Google martin clones from the 70s for much cheaper options. Takamine was one. Their old headstocks even looked lik the Martin rectangle heads. I got an old takamine shown earlier in this thread and it sounds great. I wanted a Martin, but I'm totally good with this for a fraction of the cost. That's not to say if I found a legit old Martin in great condition for a steal I wouldn't buy it. I probably would. But for sounds alone, I'm satisfied with my takamine.

I am highly considering it. Soon as I heard it and had it in my hands I was like “****, why did you have to show me this thing?”

I would have walked right past it for my lesson and probably never been the wiser.

A system of cells interlinked
Shop has a 1977 Martin D-35

Thoughts?

@ynwtf @Sedai
My stance is always to ignore the brand as much as possible, go play the thing, and see if it sings for you. How is the action, how does it sound, check the intonation etc. That said, my acoustic is a Guild. I have really vibed with a Martin when I have had the chance to play one.

My stance is always to ignore the brand as much as possible, go play the thing, and see if it sings for you. How is the action, how does it sound, check the intonation etc. That said, my acoustic is a Guild. I have really vibed with a Martin when I have had the chance to play one.
Well, that settles that. Because the thing sounded like a dream with a choir of angels backing it.

I’ll probably never see another one ever again and certainly not at this price.

Damn GAS bug

@ynwtf @Sedai

Thanks for the info and advice. Unfortunately, the stuff I was looking to sell only gets me about half way, so it just wasn’t meant to be this time

Well, that settles that. Because the thing sounded like a dream with a choir of angels backing it.

I’ll probably never see another one ever again and certainly not at this price.

Damn GAS bug

If I've learned anything from my DeArmond obsession, they come and go. People always need to sell something. There was a similar Martin on craigslist a few hours from here. I kicked myself for not jumping. But another will come up. Then another. Then probably three more.

Local shop had a Yamaha F325D damaged from getting knocked over: $100 cash

It would make a good travel guitar, but I got the hell outta there before I made a rash decision.

This is worth the double post: I just won a Fender off eBay. Super new seller, so major risk but eh…I’d never buy a new one. Got it for a good price, and it’s orange. All the boxes checked.

This is worth the double post: I just won a Fender off eBay. Super new seller, so major risk but eh…I’d never buy a new one. Got it for a good price, and it’s orange. All the boxes checked.

Good luck with it. My two Telecasters are fantastic. Mine have Shorebucker pickups so would sound different to the traditional single coil but you’ve made a great choice.

I been watching YouTube videos and lurking in a few forums here and there. Man, I cannot understand why Peavey gets so much hate these days.

Especially in regards to outsourcing. Like...everyone else did that **** long before Peavey did but to see/hear people talk about the outsourcing you'd think Peavey crucified Christ or something.

So the Tele arrived today. It’s definitely a bastard.

I can’t find any serial numbers on it, so I’m betting this was a custom build with a cheap body from a third party. But the Fender neck looks legit, as far as I can tell, based on all the reading I’ve done lately.

Needs a setup bad.

At least I didn’t have to pay Fender price to get what I wanted.

@ynwtf @Thunderbolt