What films have you seen that you think most people haven't seen?

Tools    

I think crumbsroom has already seen this one, but more people need to watch it. I rewatched and reviewed it a week or two ago and it held up really well.

I totally forgot about this

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I wish more people has seen Fish Story (2009) and Kitchen Stories (2003), but at least the mofo decade thingy may give them a little boost here.

On the other end of the spectrum, I think -or hope- few people have been inflicted Moon 44 (1990), despite Roland Emmerich's name. I also doubt many people have watched Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957). Not sure why they would.

I expect Station Agent (2003) to have gained some notoriety now that Game of Thrones made Peter Dinklage famous. Did it also increase the visibility of Living in Oblivion (1995) ?

Hello Ghost (2010) and Kazura/Wig (2010) are lovely -and funny- movies that are perfectly ignored in the West, but I wonder how better known they are in the East. "Most people" of course meaning "most people around us". Same for All about my dog (2005), one of the funniest and saddest movies I've seen (not difficult to be both, given that it's a collection of separate stories).

Also, have many people seen Antonia 'Ravenous' Bird's Face (1997) ? Given the notoriety of Robert Carlyle, I'm surprised by how ignored it is. But again, maybe it isn't everywhere.

Anyway, the difference between cultural areas' (of historical eras') classics-seen-by-everyone fascinates me, especially within cultures that seem very close and very overlapping. I love sharing the absolutely obvious french classics that people abroad have hardly ever heard about, and seeking the collective references of other countries that are invisible here (by "reference" I mean, movies that everyone knows by heart, that are often used in parodies, etc). But this also means that our expectations about "well known" movies can get very wrong beyond the locale. What I'm saying is that I'm pretty confident that, say, Think Fast Mr Moto (1937) has been seen by virtually no one around me, but I suspect it's a notorious film on these boards. And maybe I could mention Gramps is in the Resistance (1983), one of the most popular french comedies, as an obscure movie on mofo ? Meaning, damn, I'd have quite a list...

...I also doubt many people have watched Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957). Not sure why they would.

I expect Station Agent (2003) to have gained some notoriety now that Game of Thrones made Peter Dinklage famous...
...What I'm saying is that I'm pretty confident that, say, Think Fast Mr Moto (1937) has been seen by virtually no one around me, but I suspect it's a notorious film on these boards...
In reply to a post about Annihilation.
You know who did that idea first, Roger Corman in Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957). Giant predatory crabs can talk to people by telepathy, then consume them and absorb their personalities, into the crab. It's a B movie, but the concept was really cool. As soon as I seen the bear creature in Annihilation I thought of Attack of the Crab Monsters.
Station Agent (2003) won the 15th Hall of Fame here and now resides in the HoF Archives Museum here.

I've watched all of the Mr Moto movies, the earliest ones in the series were pretty darn good.

I know a couple people here have already seen this one, but it's ridiculously underseen. It shares some similarities to Close-Up in the sense that it combines narrative and documentary filmmaking, except it's much, much better. Easily my favorite Iranian film.

From the movies Thief mentionned, you might want to watch Colossus: The Forbin Project. Absolute top shelf sci-fi. I don't think I've seen anything else. I'd have to double check with my watchlist.
If it weren't for one plot development that sticks like a sore thumb, that film would've ranked way higher in my books... and still I never lose a chance to recommend it.

If it weren't for one plot development that sticks like a sore thumb, that film would've ranked way higher in my books... and still I never lose a chance to recommend it.
I watched Colossus: The Forbin Project recently. I liked it, I had thought it would be some cheesy 60s sci fi but it really was trying to be serious and not a hero vs villain film. But I can't recall what this would be? 'one plot development that sticks like a sore thumb'. Can you put the answer into spoilers?

I watched Colossus: The Forbin Project recently. I liked it, I had thought it would be some cheesy 60s sci fi but it really was trying to be serious and not a hero vs villain film. But I can't recall what this would be? 'one plot development that sticks like a sore thumb'. Can you put the answer into spoilers?
WARNING: spoilers below
The one where they pretty much force the female doctor to sleep with Dr. Forbin, so they could have "private time" from Colossus surveillance. It was equal parts laughable, clunky, objectifying, and ultimately unnecessary.

Here's my list!

Darbareye Elly (2009)
Before Midnight (2013)
Fruitvale Station (2013)
Memories of Murder (2003)
Senna (2010)
United 93 (2006)
I haven’t seen Senna, but I have seen the other ones you mentioned. They were all really good.

Here's my list!

Darbareye Elly (2009)
Before Midnight (2013)
Fruitvale Station (2013)
Memories of Murder (2003)
Senna (2010)
United 93 (2006)
Haven't seen About Elly or Senna, but the others all range between good to great. I actually saw Fruitvale Station a couple of months ago.

I haven’t seen Senna, but I have seen the other ones you mentioned. They were all really good.
Ooh, Senna is a great documentary. Highly recommended even if you have zero interest (like me) in racing.

The Pursuit of Happyness

Dust Devil (1992)

Dust Devil is great. Seek out the 2 hour director's cut because what I've read about the 85-minute cut is that it's missing a lot of the good and important stuff.