IMDB - is old version available?

Tools    

Can someone tell me if when they look at the new movie page and click on a link, like trivia or reviews, why is the font size so much smaller? Actually, it's more like why is the font on the new movie page so BIG? To me that's one of the worse things about it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is what it looks like on my computer...talk about a LOT of scrolling, it's one really long page.

I noticed from your screenshot that you're not signed in to IMDB. (In the upper right corner, it has the option to "Sign In".)

If you sign in, is there an option to change the settings somehow to use the old page?

I'm signed in to IMDB, (I blacked out the upper right corner because it showed my real name), but my page looks like this:

I noticed from your screenshot that you're not signed in to IMDB. (In the upper right corner, it has the option to "Sign In".)

If you sign in, is there an option to change the settings somehow to use the old page?

I'm signed in to IMDB, (I blacked out the upper right corner because it showed my real name), but my page looks like this:
I never sign into a site if I don't have to, but I would if that would keep the page the same old way. Your pic looks like the old page version, which comes up for me too but every other time that I go to IMDB I get the new super size page! But I'll try signing into IMDB, I think I still have an account there.

I’m not minding it. I did change my settings to dark, which requires signing in. I didn’t see an option for the old layout, but it might be there.

Am I the only one who sees the font and images on the new movie pages as really big? Sure I can zoom out and make the page smaller, BUT then if I click any links the other IMDB pages (trivia, reviews, etc) appear really small.

This is what I mean: the 1st screen shot is the Storyline section of the new movie page.

The 2nd screen shot is the page that comes up after I click on the Plot summary

Am I the only one who sees a huge difference in the page size and font size? And if anyone answers please say if you're using a mobile or a PC.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-05-29 11-09-54.png
Views:	599
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	78118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-05-29 11-10-03.png
Views:	607
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	78119  

I’m thinking it must be because you are n PC. I’m on mobile. I don’t think I ever use IMDB on my laptop. Even if I am a n my laptop and want to reference it, I pick up my phone. The world’s gone mobile brother.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I never sign into a site if I don't have to, but I would if that would keep the page the same old way. Your pic looks like the old page version, which comes up for me too but every other time that I go to IMDB I get the new super size page! But I'll try signing into IMDB, I think I still have an account there.
I rarely sign into any websites unless I have to for some reason. I must have signed into IMDB at some point for a reason, and I just never signed out, but it seems to be working for me, so I'm never going to sign out if it's going to change to their new layout.

Does anybody have a PC that they can check it out and post back?
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...37#post2208237
I use a PC, and when I call up their home page I get the new silly-ass layout..
I'm on a PC, (Windows 10), and I get their new layout for the home page. It has a black background, and rows of movie recommendations.

I don't use their home page anymore. When I want to find a movie on IMDB, I look it up on Google, and click the link directly to that movie's page.

I'm on a PC, (Windows 10), and I get their new layout for the home page. It has a black background, and rows of movie recommendations.
IMDB has said the new page is coming for everyone and eventually there's no changing back. I just hope they get the bugs out of if once beta testing is done. By bugs I mean the huge font discrepancy between the new movie page which has HUGE font and images and the pages on the rest of IMDB which still look normal in font size.

IMDB has said the new page is coming for everyone and eventually there's no changing back. I just hope they get the bugs out of if once beta testing is done. By bugs I mean the huge font discrepancy between the new movie page which has HUGE font and images and the pages on the rest of IMDB which still look normal in font size.
Thought you would enjoy this anecdote. Listening to one of my movie podcasts this morning. Before their review the host always spouts off the director and stars. Direct quote as soon as he begins his usual spiiel, “f@&k, the new IMDB layout IS the worst”.

Thought you would enjoy this anecdote. Listening to one of my movie podcasts this morning. Before their review the host always spouts off the director and stars. Direct quote as soon as he begins his usual spiiel, “f@&k, the new IMDB layout IS the worst”.
He's my new hero.......Oh, if the new IMDB wasn't enough pain, yesterday Firefox updated and changed their entire browser interface to something 'fresh and new', ugh!

Has anyone found a decent replacement for the classic IMDB? I've used the TMDB, but it's only marginally better.
Wikipedia is good for plots/premises/stories, but that's about it.

Has anyone found a decent replacement for the classic IMDB? I've used the TMDB, but it's only marginally better.
Wikipedia is good for plots/premises/stories, but that's about it.
I honestly don't think there's a good direct replacement for IMDB, It depends of course on what IMDB features one uses.

When I get some spare time I'm going to install Greasemonkey add-on and reduce the size of the IMDB's page. Along with the changes I've already made with uBlock Origin I think the pages will then at least be usable for me.

I honestly don't think there's a good direct replacement for IMDB, It depends of course on what IMDB features one uses.

When I get some spare time I'm going to install Greasemonkey add-on and reduce the size of the IMDB's page. Along with the changes I've already made with uBlock Origin I think the pages will then at least be usable for me.
You must be using a hand held. As you know, on a desk top, one can simply use the mouse wheel to reduce the size. I use uBlock as well. Nice feature.

You must be using a hand held. As you know, on a desk top, one can simply use the mouse wheel to reduce the size. I use uBlock as well. Nice feature.
I don't even own a mobile. I'm on a PC. Yeah I can reduce the zoom size easily enough, but it's a pain, as if I do then the rest of IMDB looks tiny, tiny, tiny! I've never seen a web site where one page will render way bigger than the rest of the site.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I don't even own a mobile. I'm on a PC. Yeah I can reduce the zoom size easily enough, but it's a pain, as if I do then the rest of IMDB looks tiny, tiny, tiny! I've never seen a web site where one page will render way bigger than the rest of the site.
Why not email imdb and let them know the problems your having with their site. You get enough people complaining maybe they'll do something.

Why not email imdb and let them know the problems your having with their site. You get enough people complaining maybe they'll do something.
I don't believe it's just me. I have yet to get a confirmation from anyone one way or another about the font size difference when viewed on a PC. Click the link below to see what I mean
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...37#post2208237