Are VODs limited or wide release?

Tools    

If a new upcoming film is only video on demand only, would this be a limited or wide release movie???? Like banana split with dylan sprouse i think..... rsvp. Thanks.

"Wide" and "limited" have historically been used to describe the number of theaters a film is released in. Obviously, those terms might have to change, but I don't think they really have objective definitions, either.

Well i only ask because i found this movie on movieinsider.com but didnt appear in wikipedia where it says 2020 in film...... ? What do u think?? Rsvp.

If a new upcoming film is only video on demand only, would this be a limited or wide release movie???? Like banana split with dylan sprouse i think..... rsvp. Thanks.
Mostly VOD films are neither 'limited release' nor 'wide release'...they'd usually be called DOV 'direct to video' and often considered in a different category than mainstream films. Of course there's exceptions to that rule, as it's not a rule at all, but just a generality about how direct to video movies are viewed. And with theater closings that all very might change in the near future.

Well i only ask because theres a movie called banana split with one of the sprouse brothers.... it wasnt included in wikipedia where it says 2020 in film and can only assume it was limited release..... found it on movieinsider.com rsvp.