The State of Netflix

Tools    

It's...not a good look.
I think it is.

Look at Disney Star Wars.

I've been watching a lot of Netflix lately.

I binge-watched Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Stranger Things (1 and 2), and The People Vs. O.J. Simpson. I'm watching the Dave Letterman Interviews lately, and the stand-up specials, and that's not to mention the original movies.

Good stuff!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
Look at Disney Star Wars.
Yeah, and even at their worst they're still better than a company called Trigger Warning Entertainment building an action movie around an extremely clumsy and half-assed metaphor for race relations.

Yeah, and even at their worst they're still better than a company called Trigger Warning Entertainment building an action movie around an extremely clumsy and half-assed metaphor for race relations.
I saw it just as a backdrop not a metaphor and if we believe what Netflix said it worked out ****ing great.

Why cannot that name be picked. Art needs to bow down to whiners worshipping sacred cows?

Bright dominates The Last Jedi in every category.

None of that makes it above criticism, though. It's still a badly-executed backdrop, there's no reason we should "believe" Netflix about audience numbers that can't be quantified by outside parties, and casually using a mental health term like "trigger warning" for the name of your tough-guy action movie company is in poor taste.

None of that makes it above criticism, though. It's still a badly-executed backdrop, there's no reason we should "believe" Netflix about audience numbers that can't be quantified by outside parties, and casually using a mental health term like "trigger warning" for the name of your tough-guy action movie company is in poor taste.
It probably intended to mock the people who misused it.

Some first time time streaming efforts did not get continued even if makes the streamer look bad like JCVD.

I agree with the sentiment that Netflix has failed the serious movie watcher, and that physical media is still a necessity. Though, I'm not going to complain too much, Netflix's current business strategy of throwing **** against a wall and seeing what sticks finally got The Irishman made. But Netflix is a great example of the current limitations/problems with a streaming service that eventually creates its own content. Not only do I think that physical media is still a necessity, but also the few mom and pop rental stores that are around are archives of culture.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Must be doin sumthin right
Spielberg is going to try to convince the Academy to disqualify Netflix movies for awards consideration starting next year

I have a love/hate relationship with Netflix on this issue but with Roma at least they gave it a relatively decent run in actual theaters. Interesting to see what the Academy's board of governors decides on this, seems like an adapt or die kind of moment for them and the studios

I don't see anything wrong with it.
Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

Anyway, back on topic, the Spielberg news is...a little disappointing, especially coming from a guy who got his start directing TV.

My question is, in this supposed Theatrical vs. Streaming WAR!!!!! how many people are actually choosing between the two just to take some ideological stance?

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.
Hisory will tell that i was right.

Very disappointed on opening the thread to discover that Netflix has not in fact set up it's own country - this feels like a classic bait and switch to me

*This post is a non-serious one no need for anyone to go complaining to Steve about it.

Hisory will tell that i was right.
That it's okay to mock sensitive people for no good reason? Between that and

Bright dominates The Last Jedi in every category.
I'd say you're doing a pretty good job of being wrong.