How Much Money Will Star Wars Episode VII Make?

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I wish 3D would die already. The home television market should be enough evidence.

Just kill it already, worthless filler until VR goes mainstream.

Just kill it already, worthless filler until VR goes mainstream.
And eventually becomes a gimmick again.

I think it will beat Titanic, but probably not Avatar.

Basically Disney's attitude towards Star Wars movies now.

It's all about revenue gathering.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	dj-khaled-another-one-1.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	23797  

I have to return some videotapes...
There I don't think is a chance in hell it catches Avatar and I hope it doesn't catch Titanic because it really just doesn't deserve to.

It will gross about 2.15 billion to 2.25 billion in my newest guesstimate. About 60 million extra in the US, 100 million in China and perhaps about 100-200 million elsewhere will make its gross reach about 2.2 billion.

Still half a billion short of Avatar.

I say in the 2.5 - 2.7 billion range worldwide, with a little over 1 billion of it in the US alone.

The movie has been out for about 6 weeks and it's still going strong, with 15 million in box office sales this past weekend alone.

FYI: The Force Awakens only dropped a little over 20% this past weekend. Very plausible that the drops stay in the 20-30% range for the next several weeks. Something around $930-940 million domestically seems very likely, though more is definitely plausible.