Say Goodbye to Blockbuster in 2011?

Tools    

redbox is useless as long as netflix is around, or I should say as long as the general theater flicks are average.

As far as blockbuster goes, I've drawn a map for the fastest optimal visits to 5 locations still in "business" and when they go down, their foreign section is mine

I remember going to the video rental shop, back when dvd's were a luxury. But you can rent some new releases and relatively new releases from the library and Shakespeare films are free! It costs from £1 to £3 to borrow the others for a week.

We absolutely have nothing left like Blockbuster or even the smaller rental stores. We do howere have the take over of the Red Box and the Other Rental machines at SuperMarkets, McDonalds, Burger Kings and many other places.

Hey, i just wanted to return to the possibility that theatres are next.

Eight of the major chains, including Loews, United Artists, General Cinemas, and Carmike Cinemas, declared bankruptcy in the late 1990's. They've been hobbling along ever since, and their future depends on people paying premiums for 3D, and getting alternative content revenue. Both of which i think most would say aren't too dependable as income replacements.

Anyway here's a short article you might like http://org.elon.edu/ipe/pautz2.pdf

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Yeah, I've heard about those Juno, but haven't seen one in my area yet. There are redbox ones everywhere though.

Yeah, I've heard about those Juno, but haven't seen one in my area yet. There are redbox ones everywhere though.
It is the only Blockbuster one I have seen over the many of RedBox that I have seen.

oooh I think I seen one of them boxes at the food mart here... Maybe Blockbuster isn't so popping over here after all... However Blockbuster just started to link your account to email to send additional savings when you purchase and rent movies.

Luckily I don't live in the USA (because of this Blockbuster thing).. Otherwise I would happily live there

netflix is taking over the movie rental market with it's streaming services, why go out and get a rental why you can click to rent and watch right away.

You want to post like me?
netflix is taking over the movie rental market with it's streaming services, why go out and get a rental why you can click to rent and watch right away.
Well, Netflix isn't international. We have an alternative in Denmark called Lovefilm. I don't know what genius came up with that name.

I said goodbye to Blockbuster Video in about 1999. Glad the rest of the world finally caught up.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think it's sad for the franchisee owners who struggle to make a buck. Now we have the Internet running the show, where will things end....Robots doing our grocery shopping? Oh wait! We can order that online, too!

Same is happening around me so this was already suppose to be happen..

I think it's sad for the franchisee owners who struggle to make a buck. Now we have the Internet running the show, where will things end....Robots doing our grocery shopping? Oh wait! We can order that online, too!
Technology came but some people failed to adapt to it, blockbuster will be a perfect example and I'm sure it'll be case studied by many MBA schools.

Technology came but some people failed to adapt to it, blockbuster will be a perfect example and I'm sure it'll be case studied by many MBA schools.
I understand what you're saying, however, how hard is it to walk down the street or ride a bike to your local video shop?

Video stores are partly to blame, for the simple reason, most don't offer frequent & loyal members incentives to stay. Most will slug you full price late fees, without considering a discount for a loyal member. Name of the game should be to keep that loyal and frequent member, not charge him or her full price late fees, when he or she can quite easily download it online. Makes perfect business sense to keep him/her happy. Some have deals where you get the your 10th New Release free, but, then they'll give you this little coupon stamp you lose in 10mins....they count on that. It should be in the computer.

Still, I would rather go the store for 30 minutes and have a look see. You'd be surprised who you meet, and the conversations that ensue from these encounters.

The People's Republic of Clogher
You make a good point about customer service. My local store used to gave a great bunch of staff who'd regularly slip you a free film or turn a blind eye to something which was returned a day late. They'd even order stuff in.

The new manager is a bullsh*t artist of the highest order and I've not darkened the door of the place in months.

Of course, if it weren't so easy to get films by other means then I'd have had to swallow my pride and return.

Still, any excuse to play the greatest Glam Rock track ever mode!