"Prefer watching movies at Theater rather than at Home"? Y/N.

Tools    

I prefer to be at home.

I prefer home as well. Cinemas are too crowded, and there's no way one can concentrate on a film, which is a must in my book. As for blockbusters, no need to rush to theaters right after premiere, as I usually wait for some time, until the DVD is out, and then watch it at home with comfort.

I just lovez lying on my pimped out bed transfixed by my 65" Samsung PLazma surround sound. It's just me and my TV and no distractios whatsoever . I can drift of into movie land, have a heart, be a part and totaly lose myself.
Don't have to worry about falling asleep. If that happens, the movie was boring anyway.

I like being able to pause the movie if I have to run into the other room. Plus my couch is a lot more comfortable than the movies.

Some of the new iPic theaters are nice, but they are really expensive for the good seats.

Personally I prefer watching movies at home, particularly with my friends, because we can have direct interactions with what his happening on the screen. Also, at my home, the food is not overpriced and my couch is more comfortable than the seats at the theater!

There certainly is a point to be made for watching movies on a big screen in a theater.
For me, it would have to be some movie of epic proportions.
Of course, the very big screen would enhance that experience.
I would prefer to watch that movie with a few people as possible to avoid distraction ( and no, I don't need prompts when to feel something ).
That means going to an early screening on a week day in a theater where there is not much traffick.
In this era of internet and media, I rather watch a movie that hasn't been over-exposed. I don't want to know the ending.
When one takes all these factors into consideration, for me, it's way more practical and enjoyable just to watch it at home.
In my teen days, I was forever doing things in a group and loved the overall experience.
As I got older, I became more of an introvert and prefer solitary or one on one experiences.
That's why now, I choose my living room or bedroom over a movie theater, to watch and fully enjoy movies.

Who's going to believe a talking head?
At home. I get restless and uncomfortable sitting for long periods in the dark. Nothing
wrong with the movie but a medical condition.

Home. Trying to watch a movie in the theater can be such a mixed bag now days. People on their cell phone, being loud and annoying, plus it's a lot more expensive.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/

One of my favorite things is observing the way people react to films when I'm watching it with them and have already scene it, great films, scary films; films I think they'll enjoy and do, self-congrads time.

They other side of the coin, I can't stand others not paying attention or talking, or seeming disinterested in what I consider top tier.

I like both actually. Popcorn flicks are definitely a theater favorite for mine, suspense or slower paced flicks are better at home.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'd probably say "Yes," because the spectacle of "going to the movies" is still there for me, it's an event, whereas watching a movie in my room is not.

I prefer at home, because at home I feel much more comfortable.

I like watching movies at the theater but only if it is not full of people. Sometimes when it is completely full not only that it becomes hard to concentrate, but I can't even breathe properly. I'd like to go to the cinema and be with only 20 more people in there, or perhaps even less. That'd be perfect.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
If this were a few years ago, hands down it would have been in a theater. Nowadays though, as I've gotten a little older -- I feel like my tolerance of people in the movies has pretty much become non-existent. When I'm completely drawn into a film and the sound of popcorn crunching away from the person next to me, or someone sucking away at a polished off thick-shake, I get really irritable.
Not to mention phones going off and people speaking OVER the film itself.

Movie-goers are there to see the film, and there used to be a level of respect for the art that was being portrayed on screen. Now though, it seems like those formalities (hell, even simple signs of respect for your fellow viewer) have been lost.

Although, I suppose a lot of the films that been tossed out of Hollywood haven't exactly been the most compelling of releases in comparison to years passed. So, the ruder of folks in films have some saving grace, I guess.

Still, home is where it's at! Comfort, quiet and quality when it comes to viewing.
Yes please!

In this era, where you can have home theater, I'd rather spend some money to watch movies in peace. With legs on the table and beer in my hand.

If this were a few years ago, hands down it would have been in a theater. Nowadays though, as I've gotten a little older -- I feel like my tolerance of people in the movies has pretty much become non-existent. When I'm completely drawn into a film and the sound of popcorn crunching away from the person next to me, or someone sucking away at a polished off thick-shake, I get really irritable.
Not to mention phones going off and people speaking OVER the film itself.

Movie-goers are there to see the film, and there used to be a level of respect for the art that was being portrayed on screen. Now though, it seems like those formalities (hell, even simple signs of respect for your fellow viewer) have been lost.

Although, I suppose a lot of the films that been tossed out of Hollywood haven't exactly been the most compelling of releases in comparison to years passed. So, the ruder of folks in films have some saving grace, I guess.

Still, home is where it's at! Comfort, quiet and quality when it comes to viewing.
Yes please!
Sadly, general rudness in public seems to be the trait nowadays. I don't know how many times a day, I just feel like slapping someone. Thank God, anger management is not my problem

I would prefer cinema but it has to depend on the cinema I'm watching the film, otherwise, definitely prefer watching at home. If a cinema has a chilled atmosphere and a handful of people I tend to enjoy it a lot more. Plus its ideal to watch with a group of friends. Small art house cinemas tend to meet this criteria a lot more I find. Nothing more annoying though then a packed cinema, and having to either sit at the end of the aisle constantly getting out of your seat to let people through, or sitting next to the wall and squeezing past everyone with an awkward look on your face muttering sorry to everyone you go past.

Usually I prefer to watch at home just because I have complete control over how, when and what i want to watch. Sounds ridiculous, but amount of times I come out of the cinema and have little to no understanding with what I've just watched. This never happens at home and I think its due to subtitles. If I'm at home I usually watch TV shows or films with subtitles if I can, my hearing isn't too great having subtitles therefore enriches the experience.