Yoda's Birthday Today!

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
You've got my respect there Austruck. My ex's first labour seemed as long as Tony Blair's first term (there's a joke in there somewhere I think).

The second one was accompanied by more drugs than an apt simile...

The Adventure Starts Here!
Now you got me started, but this is the last one, promise. This is one of my favorite family pictures. This is of my paternal grandmother (the only grandparent I knew) with her young great-grandson, Chris, when he was about four weeks old. He'd been fussy, but as soon as we gave him to her and she started sweet-talking to him, he totally zonked, as you can see by the picture. Her name was Fannie Mae Hockenberry Au, and I adored her.

I guess she's the Yods-Whisperer.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	grammy.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	5120  

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Austruck
Aniko, nope, no drugs, dammit. And, stupid me, I didn't learn my lesson because I had the other three at home too -- and they were bigger than Yods!
You're a better woman than me. I had to have the drugs. It's amazing to me that your other kids were bigger and you still went without drugs. My hats off to you.

Thanks for posting the pictures. They're adorable. I love the photo of Chris and your grandmother. If you haven't had it framed, you should. That's such a great shot. Thanks for sharing.

A system of cells interlinked
Yod's birth was really great once we got to this point:
Is it me or does he actually look like Yoda in that first pic!!! The jedi master himself!!

EDIT... nevermind, I hadn;t got to the post where you already said that...clearly I agree, though...

You misunderstand most of my bravery. I have a huge dislike of hospitals and interventions of just about any kind. I'm the stupid type who doesn't go have her ankle x-rayed when she twists it badly. ("Oh, I'm sure it's fine.")

Not bravery ... more like fear.

Sedai, yeah, I agree. As I looked for photos to scan just now, I started to think they all looked like Yoda. Same shaped head, that's for sure. (Some were worse!)

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Now you got me started, but this is the last one, promise. This is one of my favorite family pictures. This is of my paternal grandmother (the only grandparent I knew) with her young great-grandson, Chris, when he was about four weeks old. He'd been fussy, but as soon as we gave him to her and she started sweet-talking to him, he totally zonked, as you can see by the picture. Her name was Fannie Mae Hockenberry Au, and I adored her.

I guess she's the Yods-Whisperer.
That is beautiful!

Uh...don't even think you're getting away with not posting one of mommy and baby.

Gimme a break, Lindarelli.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Okay, here's one of me and Chris/Yoda on his first Halloween at a church Halloween costume party. We went ... yes, as bunnies! He was wearing a white one-piece sleeper that I'd sewed a fluffy tail onto, and a white baby bonnet/hat that I'd sewed cloth-covered cardboard ears onto. I thought we looked cute together.

He was about two months old here:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrisbunny2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	5125  

Arresting your development
Okay, here's one of me and Chris/Yoda on his first Halloween at a church Halloween costume party. We went ... yes, as bunnies! He was wearing a white one-piece sleeper that I'd sewed a fluffy tail onto, and a white baby bonnet/hat that I'd sewed cloth-covered cardboard ears onto. I thought we looked cute together.

He was about two months old here:
Yes! You both were adorable...very cute, though please think of my buddy Yoda while posting such cute pictures of him here. How can anyone of these fine posters have a good mean intelligent debate with the guy now after all this cuteness in their minds? I'll try to have his back in the future with all my silliness, but please... think of Yoda!

Well Chris, I tried.

Geez, Anon, I mean, thanks for the effort, but even *I* wouldn't fall for that one. That was so sickeningly sweet, I think I just went diabetic.

[runs off to check blood sugar levels]

Arresting your development
Geez, Anon, I mean, thanks for the effort, but even *I* wouldn't fall for that one. That was so sickeningly sweet, I think I just went diabetic.

[runs off to check blood sugar levels]
Sickeningly?

So this is what it sounds like, when doves cry.

mmm oh master yoda...today i wish thee a very fantabulous birthday...even tho im late...im sorry but its just that i suck ass...so take whatever joy you can from me saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY YODA.