Hollywood now or Hollywood then

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I was having a discussion about Hollywood with my mom a few days ago and we were debating about if Hollywood is more "corrupt" now or say back in the 50's or 60's.

My mom thinks that the actors and actresses on shows like Leave it to Beaver went home and acted the same way, or that Tom Selleck still wears his Detroit Tigers hat and drives a Ferrari around his avocado farm. My mom does not like to think that actors from back then did drugs or were alcoholics (yes I know the Magnum P.I reference was much later than the 60's but it was just to make a point).

I am not sure if Hollywood was more "corrupt" back than or today, it just seems like today more people hear about the bad behavior of actors or actresses because they get more attention and I think a lot of times that's exactly why they do it be it drugs/alcohol/or just general stupidity. I was just wondering it anyone on here had any thoughts on this.

I used the word "corrupt" because I just couldn't think of a better one.

Paparazzi mate and also shows like TMZ, not to mention magazines.

It's been that way since it began. Sex, drugs and power. It's a potent mix, especially when you put it in the hands of people wanting to push the limits and people desperate for love and attention. Let's face it, if even 1% of the rumours are true, then there's more than enough to fill a book or three.

Corrupt behavior is more accepted today than in the past, which leads to people acting more corrupt, which leads to it being more accepted. It's a downward spiral until collapse.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Who cares? The thing is that Hollywood movies used to be great back then.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Come on Clint, I didn't say they are not great nowadays. Gran Torino was great, but the fact is that there's a lot of crap.