Apatow reveals how China has bought Hollywood

Tools    

...and people thought the Hays Code was bad. Mega-corporations are a threat to democracy. They're becoming as powerful as some countries and influence way too much. We need another Teddy Roosevelt to break up those mega-monsters with anti-trust legislation.

You ready? You look ready.
Mega-corporations are an unavoidable side effect of globalization. There’s no getting rid of them. I can’t picture half the advancements of the last 50 years coming to fruition without big evil corps.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
This must happen for the Tyrell Corporation to come to exist.
wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahm WAHM oooooooommmmm........

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's nothing new that a big corporation would think money first. Agents all around the world work hard to improve China's image, but it takes a blind and deaf man not to see what is happening there. They know. They just close their eyes to it. Business is business. Nobody cares about the concentration camps for Uyghurs in Xinjiang or the torture of prisoners pretty much all around the country. China is getting more and more radical each year, and this is a really horrifying harbinger of worse times to come. Meanwhile, let's just sit down and enjoy Mulan, shall we?

Big corporations are going to lick China's boots hoping for gain, but you know what?

China is going to take the piss out of them, or rather straight on piss on their heads, to put it bluntly. They always do. Remember when the Pope struck a deal with China? What did China do? They put portraits of Xi Jinping in place of religious images in churches across the country. This is the pissing I'm talking about. And in the end, the Occident might "express their dissatisfaction", or be simply pissed off, but China is too great a player to care, and the West is too great a player to allow themselves to care.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Mega-corporations are an unavoidable side effect of globalization. There’s no getting rid of them. I can’t picture half the advancements of the last 50 years coming to fruition without big evil corps.
Actually big corporations tend to be far more respectful of their customers and employees than small companies. That is so because if big corporations screw up a single customer or employee then since it is big, there will be news about it and the company will either lose millions of customers or billions of dollars in lawsuits. Small companies screw up in their relationships to customers and employers frequently but since they are small the company's reputation is not affected.

That is, small companies are "anonymous", big companies are public. The fact that people often think of big companies as villains shows how much higher their standards are vis small companies as they have to constantly "prove" they are not villains.

You ready? You look ready.
Actually big corporations tend to be far more respectful of their customers and employees than small companies. That is so because if big corporations screw up a single customer or employee then since it is big, there will be news about it and the company will either lose millions of customers or billions of dollars in lawsuits. Small companies screw up in their relationships to customers and employers frequently but since they are small the company's reputation is not affected.
I don’t see it the same way. A big corporation has too many interests to make happy. Because of this they are typically apolitical until a cause forces their hand and they have to virtue signal. They cater to authoritative and homicidal interests as long as it benefits the bottom dollar. Once enough pressure is applied they admit their wrong doing and “change their ways”. But by that time the damage has already been established: thousands are dead, jobs/local economics are laid to waste, and they get away scotfree with a down payment on their new ad campaign.

It’s not respect. It’s amorality.

I need only say one word: Chiquita.

EDIT: Getting back to China angle. I read an article about the new land that they have built in the South China Sea as a means of expanding their territorial dominance and because they were largely unfettered they were responsible for the largest die off of coral reefs by manmade interventions...in human history. And the construction projects that they slammed down on that reef has made their dominance in the region incontestable. Short of outright war with the US.

I love Chinese food but hate Chinese politics.